Guest Don R

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for falling ice cycles Don.

You didn't say others couldn't conribute.

July 2008 when the IL DNR asked for the ISA to help with shocking surveys. I found it to be very educational.

Karen can tell you the difference of an Ozark minnow from a central stoneroller. Comes in handy when you are trying to match the hatch.

I know that nobody here can identify this spot.B)

Been there done that. Did you hear any pigeons cooing from up above while you were there?

This was one my father caught at one of the July ISA outings. Water was up a little that day but show still went on. I think my father caught a bad case of poison ivy that day so beware. He's brought breathable waders every trip since then.

Is that Eric down by the tree with a floatin' fly?

I have yet to see a photo with you parked in the middle of the Apple on your recently awarded "Stoolie". Surely, you didn't pass up another photo opp!

If you look closely, you can see that Don is sitting on a stool in this picture.

Don when did you take these last two pictures?

And since im addressing you, is that stool technique something new? Put stool in the middle of the river, sit on it and fish directly below it?? You'll have to show me this sometime!:: Jigging between the legs!::

Ya know, I've been looking at that last photo trying to figure out what might be in the backpack.

I typically just pack everything in a vest and go about my way.

But this backpack thing has me intrigued.

Knowing Don, the trek to get to some of these spots probably required a small amount of overnight gear in case of inclement weather and the like....being several miles or more from the walk-in point.

But I'm rather interested in that regardless.

My vest is getting way too bulky as it is.

It has me thinking.......

Ya know, I've been looking at that last photo trying to figure out what might be in the backpack.

I typically just pack everything in a vest and go about my way.

But this backpack thing has me intrigued.

Knowing Don, the trek to get to some of these spots probably required a small amount of overnight gear in case of inclement weather and the like....being several miles or more from the walk-in point.

But I'm rather interested in that regardless.

My vest is getting way too bulky as it is.

It has me thinking.......

It's a collapsable stool. (duh)

Mike,

If you've ever fished the apple you would know to bring plenty supply's because it's going to be a long day.

Plenty of snacks for ankletwisting walking/climbing,possibly some rope and carribeaners for repelling in or out,excess tackle to feed all the rock monsters that gobble up your jigs,first aid kit for blisters possible broken ankles and sawgrass ointment industrial sized of course!

Oh the backpack on the Apple is a Must Have!

Mike,

If you've ever fished the apple you would know to bring plenty supply's because it's going to be a long day.

Plenty of snacks for ankletwisting walking/climbing,possibly some rope and carribeaners for repelling in or out,excess tackle to feed all the rock monsters that gobble up your jigs,first aid kit for blisters possible broken ankles and sawgrass ointment industrial sized of course!

Oh the backpack on the Apple is a Must Have!

Is that statement for real with all the climbing and repelling ?