ISA Potluck Picnic

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that our POTLUCK PICNIC will be held on Sunday, August 1st  this year. This will be our first social event after the COVID-19 lockdown and I hope that everyone is as anxious to get together as I am. 

As always the ISA will provide the main course and soft drinks and everyone is encouraged to bring a dish to share. 

Festivities will kick off at 10AM  with the food served about 12pm

Please respond here if you plan on attending so that we can plan accordingly 😉

Let's make this the biggest and best POTLUCK PICNIC ever!

I'll definitely be there.  Great group usually shows up (well 'cept for the year we lost to the pandemic) and I love the venue.

On 7/12/2021 at 12:50 PM, Ed Buric said:

Just a reminder that our POTLUCK PICNIC will be held on Sunday, August 1st  this year. This will be our first social event after the COVID-19 lockdown and I hope that everyone is as anxious to get together as I am. 

As always the ISA will provide the main course and soft drinks and everyone is encouraged to bring a dish to share. 

We are looking to make this the best POTLUCK PICNIC ever as a kickoff to our post pandemic reopening so come on out and enjoy the festivities 😀

On 7/12/2021 at 12:50 PM, Ed Buric said:

one WEEK from today ! the  weather looks to be darn near perfect for a POTLUCK PICNIC so come on out and enjoy the festivities 😀

We're looking forward to the ISA Picnic this Sunday at the Glenwood Forest Preserve Shelter on the Fox River just south of Batavia. The weather is looking great and we're hoping to have our biggest Picnic  turnout ever.

As part of the Picnic festivities we will be conducting our Membership Drive Rod Raffle live at the picnic and will be giving away 3 custom made Chippewa River spinning rods and a Chippewa River Fly Rod amongst other prizes.  You have to have renewed your membership to qualify to win  a rod so make to renew your ISA membership before Sunday's picnic.

If anyone is interested in fishing, the Fox river is only a few feet away from the Picnic Shelter and some good smallmouth holes are located nearby, so feel free to bring your waders and fishing gear.  

The festivities begin at 10 am and food (BBQ) and fixings will be served at noon.  We look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

Wow... a great time was had by all.......food....friends.......and how about that WEATHER.......thanks to all that came

to keep EDS  event going.....Hey BOO BOO what happened to MR RANGER he was a no show.......oh well  next time

I am glad that everyone had a good time at our POTLUCK PICNIC. I believe that it worked out as we had hoped which was to be a grand reopening after the COVID-19 lockdown. The food was very good and the dishes everyone brought really rounded everything out.

The best part was the comeradery of such a great bunch. 

20210801_123001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We had 28 members and family members attend the ISA picnic on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  In addition to the delicious bbq and fixings we also conducted the final membership drive rod raffle and the three Chippewa River custom rod winners were ISA members' Larry Craig of Champaign, Jim Moore of Highland Park and Jeff Blevins of Rockford.  Congrats to the three rod winners and thank you to all that attended the picnic:

IMG_0171.jpg