Jump to content

Scott Ferguson

Administrators
  • Content Count

    4,141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Scott Ferguson

  • Rank
    Forum Administrator, Treasurer, Membership Director
  • Birthday March 9

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

18,489 profile views
  1. Due to the uncertainty of future lockdowns, for health and safety reasons for all, and after much consideration, the Illinois Smallmouth Alliance Leadership has come to the very difficult decision to postpone the annual 2021, Bronzeback Blowout. If the situation changes, we are open to having it rescheduled later in the year. We thank you for your past support and look forward to moving into the future together. Working To Protect And Improve Our Smallmouth Fisheries.
  2. As a frequent visitor to that area, I’m especially happy about the news.
  3. I see in the regs that wading isn’t allowed in Will County forest preserves. In the 20 years I’ve been involved in the ISA, I’ve never heard of a single person who was ever asked to stop wading in the DuPage in Hammel Woods in Will County. We have held several outings there over the years and it’s always been a popular area to wade. Wading in the forest preserve lakes isn’t something I’d recommend and understand why the rules is there for those.
  4. As long as you are not trespassing on private property, you are fine. Lots of access points from Naperville all the way to Channahon
  5. I got a letter today from the Tinley Park Fishing show letting us know the event scheduled for February 13 & 14, 2021 has been canceled.
  6. As of right now, the officers had not had the discussion about the Blowout. Unless something changes for the better, I’d say it’s very unlikely that we’ll have the Blowout on its usual date. There is always the possibility of it happening later in the year.
  7. The Schaumburg show had been canceled quite a while ago as the show owners shut it down for reasons beyond the virus. They did sell it to another group and it hasn’t been decided if it will go on or not. I can’t see how it could be put on, but even if it is, the ISA most likely will not be there as none of our officers are willing to put themselves at risk.
  8. The deadline for the next printed edition of the newsletter is Friday, September 25th. If you have an article you’d like to submit or if you’ve read an article you think would be of interest to other members, send it to ferguson.crystal@sbcglobal.net if you are not the author, we do need to have permission to reprint.
  9. Got it Tim. We are nearly 75% full for next year's trip. I want to remind everyone to get your deposits in. Without a deposit, I can't hold your reservation.
  10. My experiment with my jet river boat is over. I'm just not using it enough to keep it. I'm also going to be moving in the next year and won't have room for it anymore. The boat is everything I was hoping for, easy to fish from, and perfect for rivers. If interested, call me at 630-209-9452 Scott
  11. Looks like rain is going to keep me away from this event. Too bad.....
  12. Got it Tom. The schedule above is up to date and I'll keep updating it as it fills.. We are just over booked. If anybody is thinking about coming to next year's trip and have a preferred date, don't wait to long to let me know.
  13. There is a second set of falls, the lower falls, You can put a kayak in there, but I doubt you could kayak up and over the falls to the upper falls. The first picture is looking upstream toward the lower falls, the second is a closeup of the lower falls. I don’t think there is any road access to the river between the upper and lower falls.
  14. I'm booking the tinkers Dam Cabin again for next year, August 7-21, 2021. As was this year, There will be a choice of a 3 or 4 day trip, or you can combine and stay as long as you like. The price has gone up a bit, $35 per person per night. The choices are; Arrive Saturday August 7, leave on Tuesday August 10 (3 nights) $105 SOLD OUT Arrive Tuesday August 10, leave on Saturday August 17 (4 nights) $140 SOLD OUT Arrive Saturday August 14 leave Tuesday, August 17 (3 nights) $105 Arrive Tuesday August 17 leave Saturday, August 21 (4 nights) $140 If you were on the
×
×
  • Create New...