ISA Road Trip 2023 is On!

Message added by asherman,

We have cancelled the last four days of the Road Trip (August 15 to August 18) due to the lack of members signing up for these dates.  The rate that we are paying for this year is not changing.

The owner has updated both of the bathrooms and made some other improvements.  The owner has also made Tinkers Dam available on VRBO.  There is one spot available for August 8 to August 11.

RoadTrip5-21.png

Message added by asherman,

Someone left a fan at Tinkers Dam.  The owner is shipping it to me.  If it is your fan, identify it and I will figure out a way to get it to you.

I have listed the dates and costs of the annual ISA Road Trip at Tinkers Dam on the Menominee river below.  The new owners have raised the rates a bit, so the costs are a bit higher than last year.  Please request your dates on this thread or send me an email at isalliance2@gmail.com.  Once you receive a confirmation from me, I will need a $50 deposit.  You pay via PayPal at isalliance2@gmail .com or mail a check to Illinois Smallmouth Alliance, 895 Garden Lane, Wheeling IL 60090

Arrive Saturday August 5 and leave on Tuesday August 8th (3 Nights) $115

Arrive Tuesday August 8th and leave on Saturday August 11th (4 Nights) $152

Arrive Saturday August 11 and leave on Tuesday August 15th (3 Nights) $115

Arrive Tuesday August 8th and leave on Saturday August 19th (4 Nights) $152

2 hours ago, ericg said:

i think I left a shoe at the cabin,  what is the phone number for the new owner so I can contact them?  the contact info I find is still for the prior owner Karen

Check your messages

2 hours ago, ericg said:

i think I left a shoe at the cabin,  what is the phone number for the new owner so I can contact them?  the contact info I find is still for the prior owner Karen

That’s a good excuse to get back up there. Hell, might as well make a weekend of it. Smart man. 😁

4 hours ago, Jim Rospopo said:

I'm interested in going this year.  But I would like to take and use my boat.  Can this be done ?  Is there dock space at the cabin ?  A launch site ?

Thanks

Jim

What kind of boat do you have? There is an abundance of very shallow water. I was using a jon boat with a jet motor and still had to be very cautious. There is water where bigger boats can run safely, but not near the cabin. There is no dock at the cabin. There is a launch 2 miles north of the cabin and it is often so shallow, launching off a trailer isn’t possible. The other close launch (3 miles)lets you boat downstream, but not upstream more than 1/2 mile. 
The photo below shows the sandy shoreline directly behind the cabin.

F6DC5DA5-4A5E-44B5-BC28-B6C3AE267B47.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

2 full days on the books. The new owner, Jason has done a nice job making improvements to the cabin. Two full showers now, one upstairs and one down, new refrigerator, new deck chairs and internet now works upstairs. Fishing has been pretty good. Several 19+ inch fish but as of now, none have cracked 20 inches. I know others have a lot more photos than I do but here are a couple to start off.

The first is Ken Santefort with a 19.5 inch smallmouth 

IMG_0859.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

The one above is me with a 19.75 inch fish.

The weather has been great and looks promising for the rest of the week. More fish stories to come……

Nice to see you back in action! Looking forward to more pictures.

Ben and I went out Friday morning shorty before front came through. The smallies were active for a short flurry of big fish. Ben started it off with a 19.75". I then went on a 21 minute role where I caught an 18", 18.5", 18.5' 19" and lost two more of similar size. Man those fish can jump! I caught another 19.5" within an hour. After this one, they really shut off. 

18first.thumb.JPG.72a10d4436703a1c74592dcc1699c460.JPG18annhalffisrt.thumb.JPG.731108eea79a984bfe7d943d29351ebc.JPG18second.thumb.JPG.673786b7672dbf63234c3032310f8195.JPG19.thumb.JPG.7d118e1950c0bd3e6deb7c3ecdf81ca2.JPGr st19andhalf.thumb.JPG.d6c96f9d511b41979c893361a0bef22a.JPG Ben193quarters.thumb.JPG.23e3e86e99b9759b465df6993c12015e.JPG

if any of the people at the cabin currently are reading this, can they check on the counter in the kitchen,  I think I left my small egg griddle there.   green round griddle approx 4-5 inches in diameter.  if it is there perhaps someone living near me could bring it back to Illinois? Larry lives the closest to me I think.   

thanks,

EricG