Game Changer Cajoler

Tom L

So, I thought I had a bright idea to save myself sometime and money in tying one of the flies that I was working on by incorporating a stainless steel fishing snap in the process;  but it didn’t pan out the way I envisioned it. I ended up with 300 stainless steel snaps that I ordered from Amazon that I had to find some use for them. Finally, I came up with the idea that I can daisy chain them and replace the rear hook on my Cajoler with these daisy chain stainless steel snaps to form a Game Changer style fly. I also replaced the craft fur that I typically use on the Cajoler fly with arctic fox tail. So, the Game Changer Cajoler was born.  

2FFC4B0D-2343-4EA9-9C1C-B35A86B2B9E6.jpeg

It adds about 2-10 minutes to tying, depending on how many links I use. Not sure how the actions will be and if it is going to out fish the original or not. On another thought, if I link them long enough, I can create a worm fly, easily.

For those that want to play around with this, this is want I used: Amazon.com : 300 Pieces Fly Fishing Snaps Stainless Steel Fly Fishing Snap Hooks Fast Change Fly Hook Lure Snaps for Flies Hook and Jigs, Mixed Sizes : Sports & Outdoors

300 pcs for $11. Comes in 3 sizes: s = 7mm; m = 8mm; l = 9mm. There is an xl = 11mm size which I didn't get.

1 hour ago, Tom L said:

For those that want to play around with this, this is want I used: Amazon.com : 300 Pieces Fly Fishing Snaps Stainless Steel Fly Fishing Snap Hooks Fast Change Fly Hook Lure Snaps for Flies Hook and Jigs, Mixed Sizes : Sports & Outdoors

300 pcs for $11. Comes in 3 sizes: s = 7mm; m = 8mm; l = 9mm. There is an xl = 11mm size which I didn't get.

thanks for the tip!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 11:27 AM, Tom L said:

Do you think it's possible to use dog-tag chain links between two snaps?