First attempt with spinning deer hair

Dude, that looks awesome. You don't need any more hair on there unless you want it to be a true surface bug. But popping isn't the only reason to spin deer hair. What you have my friend is a very sexy streamer. It will catch just about anything. Nice job.

That is one good looking fly Ryan. I agreed with Tim and Terry. You don't need to pack the hair any tighter. The original Muddler was tyed that way. When loosely packed, the deer hairs also vibrate. That is another attribute of that fly. A fish killer for sure....

About the time I resolved to pack hair tighter, I came across a video where the guy didn't pack the hair leaving it looser like I did. The idea was to get a bug that set deeper in the water giving the fish a better target. Packed tightly deer hair is like a cork (Then why not use a cork to begin with? :wacko: ) Julius Caesar said, "Ad excoriandam filem multae sunt viae."

That fly is a nice start.

Julius Caesar said, "Ad excoriandam filem multae sunt viae."

That fly is a nice start.

Oops,

My bad for assuming everyone took Latin in HS and still remembers it if they did. Also I should have used modus instead of via.

Caesar said translated, "To tear skin off a cat, many are the ways."

Try this. Larry Lujack replied, "Quocumque modo, fili non placebit."

"Anybody?

Anybody?

Bueller?"

Caesar said translated, "To tear skin off a cat, many are the ways."

Try this. Larry Lujack replied, "Quocumque modo, fili non placebit."

"Anybody?

Anybody?

Bueller?"

Hey Uncle Lare,

"In which ever way, my child will not be pleased"

The thing I remember most from my days of Latin, is the teacher always yelling at me, "Pone pedes in pavementum!" >>====> Put your feet on the floor! Guess I had a tendency to throw my feet up on my desk, ha

Of course the anatomical derivatives, I still use all day long.

Mike, the next fly you create, you should give it a Latin name for some real class.

(Amazing the way these threads can take a twist)

"In whatever way, it will not please the cat."

If you paid attention to Uncle Larry and Little Tommy, you would know this from Fabulae Animalium (Animal Stories). " There are many ways to skin a cat; but, no matter how you do it, the cat won't like it."

Some of Uncle Larry's best stories were the annual Wisconsin deer season scores which usually went something like this:

People 200,000 / Deer 6

(deer killed / people killed)

PS To their credit, Wisconsin got through the 2010 and 2011 gun seasons without any hunter deaths. Hats off to them. the DNR is hoping for a Threepeat in 2012.