next zoom tying fly

rich mc

13 hours ago, John Loebach said:

Rich - pick a date & post it by Sunday. Terry has a Feb. blast going out on the first & it should be there.

I also have Feb. 8th. locked up for a Zoom Toolbox Meeting. Rich needs to get a hold of Bart and set up a date and time.

i will tye a leech and minnow pattern  on zoom.   sequin pins work on smaller trout size flies . i have started to use brass coated nails  one inch long [menards ]  works very well.    then i will let you in on my redneck ned rig fly/jig.         see you ,monday

Rich, can you or anyone out there that has used these balanced flies tell me, what is the action of the fly when you're tying into the hook eye above and midway on the shank (as with these flies) and you're actively retrieving with a quick jerk and pause ?  Does the fly dart around randomly since you're not tied to the direct front of the fly ?  I'm sure I'll be tying some up to see for myself but maybe someone can give me preview.  Thanks

probably best to describe it as soft movement.    it is mostly a dead stick approach as it hangs under the indicator.    the profile attracts and slight movement of the soft fibers seals the deal.  just watched a video on the filobugger  by phil rowley   .   if i was to use this on an active jerk and pause retrieve i think i would use longer material.it would have erratic movement as it sinks, like an ice  jigging rapala