Northwest Region

Terry Dodge

Play it backwards? My year has felt more like groundhogs day, plan a trip at optimum river levels for it to be blown out with rain the night before. I have some horror stories.

Desperation LOL, whatever it takes.

I hit the south branch Sunday started off downriver didn't like the looks (too stained) so headed up river where there was adequate visibility. Not a good smallie section but caught several and a couple pike. Actually where I was water was low and too slow.

I'm not planning anything in advance its always the night before deciding what river and if I'm fishing things are too unpredictable this year.

From what they told us at the K3 watershed conference the pattern of more rain and severe high water events is only going to get worse as time goes on .

I have about a half dozen rivers with different watersheds down this way and yet I've had a tough time finding one with low enough and clear enough water to wade, and as I type this, we're getting hit again, on a day when there was almost no chance of rain. Very frustrating because these aren't mild rains where things are back in line in a day or two but rather these are taking 4-5 days to come back down and then we get hit again. Back to the local lakes and ponds in search of greenies.

Btw, nice clip Terry, didn't realize you were Irish. (River Dancers)

Terry

I rechecked my notes , it's now until 2090 . They said as time went on it would only increase with the frequency and severity of the rainfall and high water events .

There was science behind their figures that I did not fully understand . None of the other scientists, biologist , etc took exception to their predictions .

From what I have seen recently, they can't get tomorrow right let alone 30+ years from now.

Watched the noon weather today and they said that we would have a heat index of 105+ degrees by 7pm tonight.

It never happened. It must really suck for a weather person to go into work and punch in, study and look at

radars, satellites, dual-dobbler-radars and other such things, only to find out that you have no idea what the

weather is going to be when you punch out after your 8 hour shift.

Fake weather!