ISA Road Trip 2016

I found a cabin for rent on the Menominee River about 1 hour North of Green Bay Wisconsin. That would be the home base for anglers to fish various sections of the Menominee River, by float trips, wading or guided trips by Tight Lines or Mike Mladenik.

The 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house is on a 4 acre lot, with approximately 320 feet of river frontage. It is private, and is situated on a corner of the river so it seems like it wraps around the property. The house itself is comfortable, with a wood burning fireplace, a kitchen with a breakfast bar sitting area, two bedrooms downstairs (one bedroom has a full and twin size bed, the other has two twin size beds), and a spiral staircase that takes you up to a large upstairs bedroom that has a queen and full size bed with a screened in porch to sit and enjoy the morning coffee. The downstairs bathroom has a shower, and the upstairs bathroom has a Jacuzzi tub. Just off the kitchen there is a deck with a charcoal grill. The kitchen contains pans, dishes, glasses and cups, silverware, and small appliances you would expect in a rental. There is a dishwasher, and a stacked washer and dryer to wash clothes if needed. There is also a firepit and Gazebo by the river.

I've rented the cabin for 2 weeks and guys could come and stay for a couple of days or the whole week. The price per night per person would run $25-$40 depending on if we fill every bed, every night or not. In addition to fishing the Menominee, there is also the Peshtigo River nearby, white water rafting, and hiking. I have not yet personally checked out the cabin itself but I think this could be fun and become an annual event. If there was enough interest, we could expand it by as many days as needed. I've checked it out and because the house is on 4 acres, there is room if someone wanted to camp or bring a camper/motorhome. Check out the links below. Post here if this is something you might be interested in. I'd like to plan it for around August or September 2016. Reservations would require a non-refundable payment unless the whole trip is cancelled as the cabin has to be paid for in advance.

http://tinkers-dam.com

http://www.vrbo.com/612837

http://www.mikemladenik.com

http://tightlinesflyshop.com/wisconsin-fly-fishing-guide-trips/

hsrscz.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok Bill. I'll start taking deposits when we pick the week. How about August 20th to 27th? How many days should I put you down for? Which days are not important yet but how many would help.

Jude, how long would you plan on staying? Frank says he's in for the week, and I'll be staying a week. As of right now, almost the entire month of August is open so we can take as much time as we need.

I did contact the owner and some camping would be allowed but too many trying to use 2 bathrooms and the amount of garbage generated could be a concern.

I'm going to leave the post up for at least a week to give everyone a chance to see it. At that point, I'll reserve the time and send in a deposit. I'll then ask everybody to make a deposit equal to 1/2 their expected bill. Right now, it looks like $25 per day. I'll post a schedule so we can fill in the spaces as I receive deposits to see what days we have filled in. The first deposits, get first choice on which days they get. (6 persons per day). If we continue to get responses like we've gotten so far, I will reserve two weeks for even more flexibility.

It's way early yet but I plan on fishing with Mike Mladenik at least one day and I'd like to find out if anybody else would use him or Tight Lines so we can reserve dates with them as well.

Sounds pretty sweet! Interested but can't commit that far ahead for 2016 due a lot of other obligations already. Please let me know if there are any openings when it gets closer.

Hopefully this will happen again in 2017 as I'll have plenty of free time then and will be able to commit a year ahead.

Today I reserved the cabin for Saturday, August 13, through Saturday August 27, 2016. (2 Weeks) I will begin taking deposits of $25 (or more if you want) to hold a spot for anyone who wants to join in. Deposits with the earliest postmark, will have first choice on their preferred days. Make the check out to Illinois Smallmouth Alliance or ISA. Please send deposits to;

ISA

1506 Roth Dr

Joliet, IL 60431

IMPORTANT!! Please be sure to include the number of days you want to reserve.

Once I have enough deposits to fill the days we have reserved, I will try to set a schedule. Again, the earliest deposits get first choice on available days. Later deposits received will be put on a standby list. (Anyone who makes a deposit and does not get in will get their money back)

If you'd like to use Mike Mladenik or Tight Lines for a guided trip, let me know that too. I'd like to be able to reserve some dates with them before they get booked up.

I know this is an entire year away, but to be sure we can get the cabin, we have to plan ahead. I'm already excited about the possibilities. Any questions or suggestions please let me know!

Put me down for 4 days and a day with Mike Mladenik. The check is in the mail.

• 4 weeks later...

I have made up a schedule with the names of those who have made deposits and so everyone can see what days are still open. This is very flexible so if you are on here and would like to make a change, that's fine.

If you'd like to get in on the trip, please let me know by sending a $25 deposit and picking which days you'd like to stay.

hsrscz.jpg

• 1 month later...