ISA Road Trip 2016

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, there are several boat ramps along the river, just not in front of the cabin. A lot of the river is safe for a Jon boat, a lot is not. It can go from 12 feet deep to just inches deep right in the middle of the river. Nothing is marked. There will be extra kayaks or even a personal pontoon available it just depends on who is there when you are. I'll have a spare pontoon for the first week to anyone who wants to try it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Curious...would you go over 6 on any night? I don't sleeping in a tent (I enjoy tent camping rain or shine). Or are you trying to limit to 6?

I may be able to do the open slots on that open weekend but I may need to do a college drop off then is school starts monday.

Curious...would you go over 6 on any night? I don't sleeping in a tent (I enjoy tent camping rain or shine). Or are you trying to limit to 6?

I may be able to do the open slots on that open weekend but I may need to do a college drop off then is school starts monday.

There are only 6 beds in the cabin. The owner has approved some tent camping as long as there aren't too many.

• 1 month later...

Scott,

I just put down a deposit with Mike for Thursday, August 25th.

I don't have anyone lined up. I just wanted to reserve the date for when ISA members are up there. I am sure something can be worked out. I will talk to Bill first.

I hope to meet the other guys scheduled for the second week that I don't know yet at the Blowout. We can discuss boating and wading options. This should be a great adventure!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated schedule. Due to a cancellation, we now have some more openings. We have room on Sunday, and Monday nights for 2 persons, August 21 & 22 and for 2 more for 3 nights arriving Wednesday the 24th and leaving Saturday the 27th. Please let me know ASAP if you would like to come up.

2a5166o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Scott I am very much looking forward to heading up on Saturday, but I do have a question. I looked on the web site for Tinker's Dam but I see no mention if bed linen and towels are provided?

Could you fill us in?

Scott, if Monday night 8-22 remains open I will probably arrive late that evening since there will be two beds available. That way I can avoid Tuesday early morning traffic. It will depend on what time my brother will get to Chicago coming in from Colorado and if nobody takes that night.