Ultimate Fishing Kayak

Scott Ferguson

This is a brand new kayak. Your choice of colors, $1,000 value to be sold to the highest silent auction bidder at this year's Bronzeback Blowout.

Check theses videos about this prize that was donated.

A video on it's features:

PURCHASE BLOWOUT TICKETS IN ADVANCE TO BID ON THE JACKSON KAYAK- Click Here!

As usual, this year’s Blowout is shaping up to be another unbelievable event. One of the great prizes that was generously donated by Jackson Kayak is the brand new (shipping this month) Coosa Kayak Elite. This boat was designed by professional kayak angler, Drew Gregory and has tons of special features that make it a must have boat.

The ISA will have a Coosa Elite at the Blowout to bid on under silent auction. You will be able to check out all the features and if you have the winning bid, you don’t have to take the kayak home. You will have your choice of ordering the color you want and have it shipped directly to your home. The Coosa Elite retails for $1000 GOOD LUCK!

Lots of other great prizes are shaping up so don't miss this year's Blowout!

After my first watch through....

1. Guy didn't know how to use the rod holders before using it so he had to say "oh never mind". If you're going to do a review, know something about the thing you're reviewing first.

2. Guy was wearing tight fitting, stiff waders while trying to stand up. Try wearing tight fitting waders and standing up from a chair. You will find the same difficulty.

3. Guy decided to try to stand up in a kayak for the first time and wasn't thinking he should maybe get to the shallows before he stands up? Not really too bright on that. I don't think I'll be taking mine out in water over my waders the first time I try and stand up in it.

4. I bet the first time most people try that they will feel a bit tippy. As with most new ventures there will be a learning curve. Ever see some first time canoers? They have the same sense of tippyness while experienced canoers know that it's not nearly as tippy as new people think. They just have to get used to that feeling and sense of balance.

5. Notice how the second guy (a sr.) stood right up, first time with no problem? Quite a big difference in those two guys sense of balance and what they were wearing. One guy struggles to get up and be balanced and the other guy stands right up.

6. Last time I looked, I didn't notice any fast running shoals in our midwestern rivers.

7. Standing is optional. Just because it was designed with a wide platform for standing doesn't mean you have to. If you're more comfortable sitting, keep your a** seated.

It looks like a pretty nice solo watercraft to me. For a watercraft designed specifically for the fisherman I don't think you can do much better for the price. I would think the ability to stand up and fish would be a huge advantage for the flyfisherman. 63 pounds is pretty heavy if you have to portage it any kind of distance. I'd rather have a Old Town pack at 33 pounds if I had to portage a solo craft.

After my first watch through....

1. Guy didn't know how to use the rod holders before using it so he had to say "oh never mind". If you're going to do a review, know something about the thing you're reviewing first.

2. Guy was wearing tight fitting, stiff waders while trying to stand up. Try wearing tight fitting waders and standing up from a chair. You will find the same difficulty.

3. Guy decided to try to stand up in a kayak for the first time and wasn't thinking he should maybe get to the shallows before he stands up? Not really too bright on that. I don't think I'll be taking mine out in water over my waders the first time I try and stand up in it.

4. I bet the first time most people try that they will feel a bit tippy. As with most new ventures there will be a learning curve. Ever see some first time canoers? They have the same sense of tippyness while experienced canoers know that it's not nearly as tippy as new people think. They just have to get used to that feeling and sense of balance.

5. Notice how the second guy (a sr.) stood right up, first time with no problem? Quite a big difference in those two guys sense of balance and what they were wearing. One guy struggles to get up and be balanced and the other guy stands right up.

6. Last time I looked, I didn't notice any fast running shoals in our midwestern rivers.

7. Standing is optional. Just because it was designed with a wide platform for standing doesn't mean you have to. If you're more comfortable sitting, keep your a** seated.

[/quote

and furthermore..... :rolleyes:

I am looking at a kayak from Point 65 North (that is the company). They make kayaks that you buy in pieces. Two pieces is a solo kayak, add a third piece for tandem. At end of day, take the pieces apart and put them in the trunk.

Gregg

Well, Greg, you might be right about having multiple boats. I now have three. A tandem canoe for guiding, a super light solo canoe, and now the Coosa. I think I have all my bases covered. I think you might be surprised how fast the Coosa actually is. I bought the Coosa primarily for the opportunity to stand. Fly fishing from a canoe is really not fun. With the coosa, fly fishing should be much easier.

I did check out the point 65 site. Leaking shouldn't be a problem since they are self bailing sit on tops. Each section is its own air filled chamber that snaps together. Now my only concern is bouncing into a mid-stream boulder and my kayak splitting in 1/2. I still don't think I could fit one in the trunk of my Honda Civic. If I could, it would be awesome for lunch break fishing or short trips after work without the need to stop at home and get geared up.

Finally saw a Coosa in person at the Alpine Shop in STL yesterday..it sits pretty nice and its a well thought out design..Bought the only thing that I didnt like was the shallow can holder. Long wait to get one at the moment though. The one they had was sold,,,and the forecasted wait time was 6 months.

Finally saw a Coosa in person at the Alpine Shop in STL yesterday..it sits pretty nice and its a well thought out design..Bought the only thing that I didnt like was the shallow can holder. Long wait to get one at the moment though. The one they had was sold,,,and the forecasted wait time was 6 months.

The waiting time is 6 weeks, not 6 months.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.