Introduce Yourself

Mike G

This is to say that I wish everyone would spend a little time filling out the personal information on their account. It will make things a lot more personal and informative.

Consider this hypothetical case. I read a post that said John S went down to the creek and caught 6 in less than an hour. I click John S to get his personal profile information so I can figure out where John lives and how he fishes. I find no photo, "profile not set", age unknown, gender?, no location, etc.

Though it is disapointing, it is typical when I try to go below the surface to understand many posts. The posters are anonymous shadowy figures. Since I know that we all have different tolerance levels about personal information, I can't demand that everybody provides the optional personal information. So I am saying, please, if you do not mind, introduce yourself with some details.

terrydodge, among others, has done a nice job of setting a good example. Click his name to view his details. Did you ever think that Terry would be held up as a role model? I admit that my own profile is skimpier, perhaps a minimum requirement, no mug shot, fewer details. I do not want to overwork the topic.

Just a little more personal information, adds a lot more interest to what you have to say.

I'd like to add a skosh more but seem to be having trouble. I'd consider myself somewhat computer literate but something isn't right. I've tried on different systems with different browsers to no avail. Even after following explicit instructions from admin last year I still had to have them add a signature line for me because it wouldn't work for me. I tried to change other things but it wouldn't work so I gave up...

I'd like to add a skosh more but seem to be having trouble. I'd consider myself somewhat computer literate but something isn't right. I've tried on different systems with different browsers to no avail. Even after following explicit instructions from admin last year I still had to have them add a signature line for me because it wouldn't work for me. I tried to change other things but it wouldn't work so I gave up...

Kevin,

I feel your pain. You tried. All I can suggest is that you sign in and click your name which will appear in the upper right corner of your screen. Ou the drop down click "My Profile." When your profile comes up, click the "Edit My Profile" box a little down below your name. That will get you to the page where you can make some entries and select other things to change in the left hand column. I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I live in Crete IL and fish the KKK for Smallmouth during the summer, I also fish for Steelhead in the Fall and Winter, my technique of choice is the Switch Rod and Gartside Gurglers for Smallies and a Spey Rod and Tube Flies for Steelhead, I hope to be a useful and active member of your group.

Things are going to change a bit soon as the forums are concerned.

Hopefully all of your profiles are intact when we roll out the upgrade, but you're going to see major improvements and new features in the next couple days.

;)

To what Mike G is referring to in his original post, it is going to get VERY "social", that's all I'm gonna say for now.

Hello. I'm Dan, and I'm an addict. Fishing addict that is.. Live in Decatur Il. and I'm an avid fly-fisherman, fly tyer, and rod builder. Looking for any knowledge that I can absorb about smallie fishing, I'm usually a trout fisherman but love catching anything as long as its on a fly rod. I look forward to hopefully hooking up with some of the members here and learning some new waters..

Hello. I'm Dan, and I'm an addict. Fishing addict that is.. Live in Decatur Il. and I'm an avid fly-fisherman, fly tyer, and rod builder. Looking for any knowledge that I can absorb about smallie fishing, I'm usually a trout fisherman but love catching anything as long as its on a fly rod. I look forward to hopefully hooking up with some of the members here and learning some new waters..

Dan,

If you are not an ISA member, you should become one. ISA Membership is one of the best values that I know of. Membership gets you the Bronzeback Bulletin, access to bulltein archives, access to fishing outings, and other events like fly tying groups, meetings with guest speakers, conservation projects, and youth education activities.

Dan,

If you are not an ISA member, you should become one. ISA Membership is one of the best values that I know of. Membership gets you the Bronzeback Bulletin, access to bulltein archives, access to fishing outings, and other events like fly tying groups, meetings with guest speakers, conservation projects, and youth education activities.

Unless something has changed... meetings are open to the public.

Dan

welcome aboard,as has been pointed out there is a lot here to take advantage of and I suggest that you do just that.

Yes Don our meetings are open to anyone and everyone and I for one would like to see more members take advantage of what we have to offer.

Ed B