Massive Chemical Fire | Rock River

Massive chemical plant fire on the banks of the Rock River in Rocktown, IL. This is not good! Will keep you updated.

https://wrex.com/2021/06/14/full-scale-evacuation-in-effect-in-rockton-during-chemtool-fire/?fbclid=IwAR1TonjWhBFXfHWMg_Pk5iqSIdvK_YSf6IS-bO829pG0lzbv-vnN6ENpkjw

I just drove past this on I-90 on my way back to Rhinelander.  You could see the smoke from miles south.  Chemical plant on a river, what could go wrong ?   Maddening and heart-wrenching.   

“Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel
And they tortured the timber and stripped all the land
Well, they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken
Then they wrote it all down as the progress of man”.   J. Prine

😪 Sorry to see all this unfold and prayers to all affected. Hopefully this won’t directly impact the Rock River and it’s wildlife. Hope this can get cleaned up relatively quickly.

Likely heading to sugar River Saturday. If sugar is super stained or pea soup I will revert back to rockton and start a float from the dam. Hoping I wouldn't see or smell anything negative in the water. But my understanding there is already confirmed  materials falling in river hopefully not much chemicals. Good thing it has large volume it will flush easier.