Wader Repair

Terry Dodge

UV cure glue would work. Actually the UV cure glue I use on flies is marked as a wader repair product. Then, logically, 2 part epoxy would also work since it is similar.  I never used shoe goo as a patch.

I use aquaseal. A little bit goes a long way.... just a dab'll do on pinholes. Also not sure if it was done for aesthetic reasons but when Simms fixed a seam leak they also did pinholes and all the repairs were done on the inside.

You need to get all the air out of tube when done, make sure the threads are free of adhesive and store in the freezer when you are done.

I wade in winter if you wade cool waters plug the pin holes with aquaseal. Or before fall. Pin hole water in the waders is no big deal in warmer months any pin hole with water  nov through march is nasty. If needed use it on sketchy seams that arent looking so great.

Agreed on Aquaseal. Developed a seam leak from rubbing three years ago. Used it all the way down both inside seams and it is still holding.

What brand are your waders? I have a pair of Simms G3's that needed some TLC after 3 years. I sent them back to Simms and for a measley $40 they repaired leaks, even ones I didn't know existed, replaced the booties and the gravel guards. They are just like brand new! Maybe your manufacturer has a repair program?