April 11, 2015 Dupage Float CANCELLED

Subject to river level and weather conditions, we'll kick off the 2015 Chicagoland fishing season with a float trip on a lower stretch of the Dupe. Mark your calendars with more details on time and locations to follow.

• 1 month later...

Based on the early fishing reports, it looks like smallie fishing on the Dupe is off to a good start. This bodes well for our float trip on the Dupe set for April 11, 2015 which is now only two weeks away. Keep the date of April 11th marked on the calendar to make this inaugural event. Hopefully, the water levels and weather will cooperate. The plan at present will be to meet at 135th street boat ramp at 8:00 am to set up put in/take out shuttle. Depending on turnout we may set up two different stretches to float. Let me know if any questions.

Frank

Take 355 to 55 go west on 55 and exit on rt 126. At the first light you come to turn right { the only way that you can turn } onto Essington rd. Go North on Essington rd to the first stop sign which will be 135th street. Turn left { West } and continue on to the river.The launch is on the left side of 135th street

ED B

Hey Chris, If it's still available, I'd love to borrow your spare yak for the float. I really want to do the float but am without watercraft at this time. Thanks!

With a heavy heart I have to let everyone know I just got news that my mom has passed after battling a lengthy illness and I will have to bow out the float this weekend. If we don't get rained out Mike Allen and Mark Lutz have agreed to help with the float and set up of shuttle. I'm sure Scott and others can help out as well. Ironically, I waded the Dupe today in anticipation of the float and caught this beautiful smallie on foxy crawdad. I received the phone call on my mom right after the catch. I hope the float doesn't get rained out as the Dupe is pretty hot right now.

The plan will still be to meet at the 135th street boat launch on the Dupe at 8 am. There are basically two options for the float. Put in at 135th and float to Caton Farm bridge or boat ramp at park, or for kayakers only, put in at confluence off Kings Road in Bolingbrook (ask Mark Lutz) and float down to 135th launch. They are about same distance and both stretches will produce large smallmouth. Nevins pub on 59th would be a great place near 135th launch to grab some grub and drinks after but there are other places too. If anyone needs directions let us know. Ill be with you guys in spirit so catch some great smallmouth!

2akmrt2.jpg