April 11, 2015 Dupage Float CANCELLED

My condolences to you and your family Bart.

I may attend this outing. I've never fished the Dupage. Keep us posted on the river conditions and rain fall amounts. Hope to see you all Saturday.

Tim

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Ron is right,its particularly hard when its your mother.

I really hate to miss this weekend's float as the Dupe is in great shape right now and it looks like Saturday will be a perfect day. Now only if rain in between will not be too severe. Tip to fly fisherman. The foxy crawdad is like candy to the Dupe smallies right now. Tie some lightly weighted flies as you'll continually be cleaning algae off the flies if bounced off bottom. This one wasn't getting off the hook.

1z2khtz.jpg

I will check levels and clarity on Friday, we are due for some ugly weather Thursday.

Condolences Bart.

With a heavy heart I have to let everyone know I just got news that my mom has passed after battling a lengthy illness and I will have to bow out the float this weekend. If we don't get rained out Mike Allen and Mark Lutz have agreed to help with the float and set up of shuttle. I'm sure Scott and others can help out as well. Ironically, I waded the Dupe today in anticipation of the float and caught this beautiful smallie on foxy crawdad. I received the phone call on my mom right after the catch. I hope the float doesn't get rained out as the Dupe is pretty hot right now.

The plan will still be to meet at the 135th street boat launch on the Dupe at 8 am. There are basically two options for the float. Put in at 135th and float to Caton Farm bridge or boat ramp at park, or for kayakers only, put in at confluence off Kings Road in Bolingbrook (ask Mark Lutz) and float down to 135th launch. They are about same distance and both stretches will produce large smallmouth. Nevins pub on 59th would be a great place near 135th launch to grab some grub and drinks after but there are other places too. If anyone needs directions let us know. Ill be with you guys in spirit so catch some great smallmouth!

2akmrt2.jpg

Sorry for your loss, Bart. I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer 1 1/2 years ago, so I've been there. Actually, I still am as I will always miss her.

As far as the float, I'm hoping to make it. I just got back from two weeks in Japan. I'm over the jet lag, but still have a lot of catching up to do. I'll let you guys know by Friday.

Sorry, I have to bail. Girlfriend wants to float the Fox and camp overnight. No idea how the water will be, but I'm not going to tell her no. :)

I get out every week and weekend, so I'm sure we'll all meet up soon enough.