Put Away Your Fly Rod FIRST!

eugene f collins

So, John L and I got together today to fish. What a BLAST!!!!! I Caught LIKE You wont believe! With the fly rod! :P

As we are putting gear away and laughing about the OUTRAGEOUS OUTING (CATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!)

:( I put my 2 piece 9' flyrod on my seat with a foot hanging out :unsure: The door slams shut(curse you wind)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-925-0-96444500-1351128183_thumb.jpg

:wacko: :wacko: :( :( :angry: :angry:

Too funny, sounds familiar, I busted mine earlier this late summer. Hoping Santa is nice and replaces it.

Feel free to give me a ring if you have some time to get out again.

I assume you are the Eugene I met on Monday?

Too funny, sounds familiar, I busted mine earlier this late summer. Hoping Santa is nice and replaces it.

Feel free to give me a ring if you have some time to get out again.

I assume you are the Eugene I met on Monday?

I am that Eugene! :wacko: lol

A while back, as I was stringing up a rod, the wind blew my car door shut with a solid thunk. I thought that could have been my rods last gasp. Fortunately.I had set my rod on the trunk of the car. Since even that was a scare, I feel your pain.

Make lemonade. On the up side, you can still salvage a pack rod out of the pieces. These are sometimes called repair ferrules.

96797.jpg

http://www.jannsnetc...ing/273320.aspx

You trade off some in action for convenience. But you get a rod that fits in a suitecase.

Try Mike G's repair ferule before you toss your rod out. Its good the break is on the butt half. With some epoxy and thread you'll be back on the water quick. That rod has mojo!

Are you sure that's not a four piece?

It is Now!

A lot of people start out with a low end flyrod & soon decide to upgrade when they find that they enjoy ffing.If that's true with you now's your opportunity for the upgrade.John can help you make a selection.

Details re the outting?

This was my upgrade. A 9' -2piece(now 4 piece) Signature series Lefty Cray 5 weight TFO

Details of said fishing before heartache; Fished a brown wooly bugger with some copper flash at the tail. 90 degree to rock pile/ shore. Twitch pause retrieve

when the fish didnt instantly inhale the fly. 3 fish in a row. 4 fish out of 5 casts. Not small fish (dinks) these were all 14' and bigger.14 smallies

and 1 white bass total. My teacher John also caught and we had a triple as well as some doubles.

Thank you John, your knowledge (and others) has gone a long way in teaching me.

Eugene, I feel your joy and your pain. I just suffered a similar incident.

As i feel yours! Great fish by the way.

The great thing about TFO (besides well-performing affordable gear) is their lifetime no-fault warranty. $25 you get a new rod within a week

there's great news. Forget about fixing it and send it back.

Eugene

Nice going with the bugger. If you're going to break a rod the one to break is one costing only $119.

Btw Lefty Kreh is not a CRAYfish :)

My deepest apologies to Lefty as well as the fly fishing community.

Regardless of price, this rod suits my carpenter style casting.

The great thing about TFO (besides well-performing affordable gear) is their lifetime no-fault warranty. $25 you get a new rod within a week

This is the other reason i favor this TFO over others.

My deepest apologies to Lefty as well as the fly fishing community.

Regardless of price, this rod suits my carpenter style casting.

This is the other reason i favor this TFO over others.

Eugene

If I were you I'd replace that rod with at least a 6wt or a 7 for smallie fishing.. The added power will make casting easier especially for someone new to ffing & allow for using bigger flies.A 5wt is more suited to trout fishing

• 2 weeks later...