Du Page County Forest Preserve

Ed Buric

I am currently discussing some outings and volunteer projects with the Du Page county Forest Preserve people. I need to get an idea of how many members would be interested in doing a guided tour of their urban stream research center as they would like an approximate head count before we start.This tour would be sometime in January or February probably on a week day although I might pull off a Saturday if enough members are interested

You can give an answer here :

I would like to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get them to let us attend a guided tour on a saturday on either January 17th or February 14th. If anyone has a preference let me know now as I will firm up the date in the next few days..

This is a fantastic opportunity to not only tour this facility but to also talk to DuPage county's stream bioligist.

Ed B

January 17th it is then. The Urban Stream Research Center is located in the Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville Il. Once you come into the Preserve (Blackwell Forest Preserve) take the first left after the first stop sign. Drive around and go past the two ponds to the archery area and there you are at the building and end of road. Park in the Archery area. The tour that we will attend will begin at 10:00am

• 4 weeks later...

January 17th it is then. The Urban Stream Research Center is located in the Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville Il. Once you come into the Preserve (Blackwell Forest Preserve) take the first left after the first stop sign. Drive around and go past the two ponds to the archery area and there you are at the building and end of road. Park in the Archery area. The tour that we will attend will begin at 10:00am

Just a reminder that this will be coming up this month. If you fish any of our local rivers I would think that you will find this very informative.

It is now only 10 days untill you can attend the guided tour of the urban stream research center

Once you come into the Preserve (Blackwell Forest Preserve) take the first left after the first stop sign. Drive around and go past the two ponds to the archery area and there you are at the building and end of road. Park in the Archery area. The tour that we will attend will begin at 10:00am

I will of course be attending