N.W. Region; Aug. 25th Kish Wade Outing.

On August 25th- the NW Region will sponsor a wade fishing outing on the Kishwaukee River. We will meet for breakfast or at one of the parks in the Rockford area. Then we will break up into groups and explore many of the forest preserves in the area. Contact Terry Dodge for more details 815-397-2595.

NOTE:

For those who might have concerns, the Kish is running about 5 to 6 inches below the norm for this time of year.

Recent rains and the drop in over-night temps have cooled the water temp greatly.

The smallmouth bite has picked up over the last week or so.

(see Smallmouth Fishing Reports - http://illinoissmallmouthalliance.net/forums/index.php?showforum=31).

Weather Outlook:

A look ahead at the weather for the 25th. calls for temps in the low to mid 70's, with maybe a chance of very light precipitation.

Kishwaukee River water level/clarity condition - Fair to Good

I just might be able to make this one. The water felt great last week. Cool for a second the first time in, and not much cooler than the air temp thereafter. It won't be as warm next week but still wet wadeable I would say.

What have the water temps been like? Too cold to wet wade?

Really?

No yaks?

This is a wade outing but if you can find anyone else that would like to float, I'm sure we can get you shuttled around.

(tgoodmanii seems to be afraid of maybe getting cold. :o )

are we going to eat where they serve those mediocre biscuits n gravy :P

We can do breakfast at the "mediocre biscuits n gravy" place but I would like to make a motion to meet at 7am. instead of the usual 8am.

I also received a call from a former ISA member Dan C. that plans to attend.

The water temp is fine right now. I went out today (8/15) on a wet wade and felt fine....and I'm on blood thinners.

Landed 8 today on top water. 3 biggest went, 2 @ 15" and 1 @ 13".

Gage PRY12

CURRENT 08/16/2012 06:30 am 5.22ft, 0.127cfs

Really, you question wet wading in August. I'll still do some wet wading in October. I have my fantasy football draft the same day as this outing. I would like to meet you guys for mediocre b&g and I could get a group started before I have to split. My draft is in Genoa. In years past I have south branch fished my way from Rockford to Genoa stopping at old proven spots.

So who all's in? From the posts it looks like........

1.) Terry

2.) Jim S.

3.) Tim G.

4.) Ben K. (please confirm one more time)

5.) Deb C.

6.) Paul T. (limited time)

7.) Jude - in for breakfast out for fishing

8.) Jim R. - maybe

9.) Dan C. - maybe (he contacted me via email)

Keven D. - out. (just showing Mr. Goodmanii some support.)

Anyone else?

I believe my father will join us at the breakfast table for some eats and smallmouth talk. What about Paul T Sr.?

Also it should be noted that Cherry Valley Days music festival will be going on for anyone that might be interested after our outing. http://www.valleydays.com/index.html

The weather outlook for Saturday is calling for highs in the mid 80's and a 25% chance rain or thunderstorms.

I'm in for breakfast for sure, probably not fishing. I ran in to Deb at Cabela's a week or so ago, and she plans on attending as well. I guess "Oh no you di'nt" would be best explained in person.

Guest Jim S.

I'm in for breakfast for sure, probably not fishing. I ran in to Deb at Cabela's a week or so ago, and she plans on attending as well. I guess "Oh no you di'nt" would be best explained in person.

No worries Jude, I got it right away. Terry, really? I took a shot at his beloved B&G.

So who all's in? From the posts it looks like........

1.) Terry

2.) Bill K.

3.) Tim G.

4.) Ben K.

5.) Deb C.

6.) Kip Olsen

7.) Paul T. (limited time)

8.) Jim R. - maybe

Jude, Pat D. - in for breakfast out for fishing. Paul T. Sr (?)

Anyone else?

Also it should be noted that Cherry Valley Days music festival will be going on for anyone that might be interested after our outing. http://www.valleydays.com/index.html

Cherry Valley Cafe map - https://plus.google....out?gl=us&hl=en

The weather outlook for Saturday is calling for highs in the low 90's and a 10% chance rain or thunderstorms.

Guest Jim S.

Terry,

I am not going to make it now. I have to work in the morning as it's Dekalb's "Cornfest" weekend and I drew the short straw for morning clean up crew. It's overtime I guess, but was really looking forward to meeting up with everyone again and have not been up that way in some time.

You didn

Terry,

I am not going to make it now. I have to work in the morning as it's Dekalb's "Cornfest" weekend and I drew the short straw for morning clean up crew. It's overtime I guess, but was really looking forward to meeting up with everyone again and have not been up that way in some time.

I hope you didn't get the really short straw: Porta-John duty at "Cornfest".

Guest Jim S.

You didn

I hope you didn't get the really short straw: Porta-John duty at "Cornfest".

Thankfully Waste Mgt self promotes and will again care for it's own!