line treatment

I've used Reel Magic in the past and I'm giving KVD's stuff a try this year. RM is a lot cleaner, and KVD's seems a lot more oily. Neither seems to do much when a bad cast turns into a major birdsnest on a baitcasting reel. :rolleyes: Both do a fine job otherwise.

Here's a little tip for ya, When re-spooling line, spray a little Reel Magic on a piece of cloth and run the line through it while re-spooling. Then just put a touch up squirt on the spool before each trip and I think your will notice a major difference in limpness and reduced memory. I sure have.

Ron G

I use Reel Magic pretty consistently. I have the large pump bottle and this is especially good when fishing in cold weather.

Although it may not prevent icing up totally - it certainly lessens it to a high degree. Eventually it does wear off like anything

else. This works for cold water river fishing and ice fishing too.

I like the tip about running it through a cloth when respooling. I'd be obliged to borrow that technique in the future - thanks Ron!

Ron you're the one that got me interested in using this stuff. I was impressed that you had some reel magic with you the day we were out. I've been pretty busy I'm not sure doing what but give a call I've been fishing a little in your area and Indiana.

Phil

Like Jim, I have been using KVD's line conditioner. I have been using it with FC and it greatly reduces the memory of 15 lb and 17lb line. I haven't felt the need to use it with 6 and 8 FC since it is pretty limp to begin with especially the 6. Give it a shot!

This year i switched from reel magic to the KVD. I cant really tell any difference in performance between the two. I do have to say reel magic cleans my depth finder screen better then anything iv ever used.

I tried reel magic on Fireline in an effort to help it hold color. Don't think it did anything.

The only thing I ever found to "color" fireline was to put permanent marker pen dye on it.

It lasts awhile, then has to be recoated.

Cortlands Masterbraid "color" doesn't ware off, like other coated superbraid lines, I've ever used.

I looked at in the store. It's kind of a light color to begin with.

It's called "Bronzeback Brown", a "brown" color tone----a very appropriate name.

Cortland also offers the Masterbraid in "Hi-Vis yellow", preferred by avid float/drift anglers, and for those who desire a line that is more visible.

And, "Seafoam Green" for the saltwater anglers.

It's called "Bronzeback Brown", a "brown" color tone----a very appropriate name.

Clever name.

The one I looked at was brown. Compared to new Fireline, it was considerably lighter. Maybe it was a bum batch. It may match certain backgrounds anyway.

Seems like darker blends in better wherver I am fishing.