8/28/21 Kishwaukee River Wade Outing

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Kish is still running a tad low. Have not been out since last Friday so not sure what the algae bloom stain looks like. Wasn’t all that bad on Friday. About 15 inch clarity. The storms that passed through only put a little bump on the gage chart but there still is a chance for some good downpours before Saturday so please check back here for updates. 

I've kept the date open however my rule of thumb starting last year was don't put waders on if air temps over 80 degrees. The heck with breathable waders that is crap. They are cookers unless you can keep yourself waist deep at least. I'm out.

35 minutes ago, Joe R said:

I've kept the date open however my rule of thumb starting last year was don't put waders on if air temps over 80 degrees. The heck with breathable waders that is crap. They are cookers unless you can keep yourself waist deep at least. I'm out.

Agreed on the 'too hot for waders". So no wet wading? By wet wading I mean long nylon pants. Kish is decently clean.

In the venerable words of Kozmo‘I’m out!’

I needed a jump to get to and from work today. Probably just the battery but since starter was changed several weeks ago would rather have my mechanic look at it to make sure nothing else is going on

Ended up with 4 of us all together, myself, Gene, and a father and son team of Stewart and Ian Anderson (I’m so bad with names. Sorry if I got ‘em wrong). Gene and I took the south branch and I gave some tips and instructions to the Anderson’s and sent them up the north branch.  Not sure what happened with Gene? He was there and then he was gone. Hope everything is fine? Anyway, I continued on upstream to what what turned into a smallie dink fest of 6. After getting out I ran into the Anderson’s loading up to grab a bite to eat and then continue to fish the Kish. I recommended a stretch for after they eat that I hope put them onto some good fish. They did mention that they were having a pretty good day with I believe both saying they were already into double digits at the break. Hope their day continued to be on track with the first leg.

I stayed under those bridges for a little bit. Got out of the water just after 10 O'clock. Had a couple of bites but needed to get back to the house. Thank you for setting that up, that area is really cool and would like to spend more time there. Before I headed home I did stop at the other two closest put ins, would like to float that section sometime