Near perfect meal.

John Gillio

Those aren't smallmouth fillets are they?

The name of the picture file says Kransic Trout. I would think most people would use better judgement than putting pictures of smallmouth fillets on our board. For me I would substitute those trout fillets with the fillets from a fresh 16" walleye caught out of a clear clean northwoods lake.

Hey, we could debate the perfect meal forever. The perfect meal is an individual thing along with time of day and your tastes right there and then. Fresh blueberry muffin with strong coffee, Lou Malnottis deep dish with beer, ribs, ...this could go on and on.....

Somehow with a cad like you it fits.

? I have always been a gentleman.

Try Moon Man next time.....you will like it.

Tried it....liked it.

Those aren't smallmouth fillets are they?

Trout, as Paul suggested. I personally return all smallies back to their homes after rudely interrupting their day. It does make me cringe a bit when I see people keep smallies from my home waters, but they are well within their rights if doing it legally. This trout was a stocked fish. A wild caught one would have been much tastier in my opinion. Some people may cringe at that. My neighbor cringes at the fact that I enjoy fishing in general.

x 2.....better than spotted cow and the totally naked....imho

I was in that light crisp Totally Naked mood. Oh for some morels!

Hey, we could debate the perfect meal forever. The perfect meal is an individual thing along with time of day and your tastes right there and then. Fresh blueberry muffin with strong coffee, Lou Malnottis deep dish with beer, ribs, ...this could go on and on.....

Jim, you hit it on the head. It was nearly perfect for me on that particular late afternoon. All of the above have done it for me at one time or another, though I have not had the pleasure of a Lou Malnottis deep dish pizza.

Lobster

:) Sometimes even their lowly cousin the crayfish.

? I have always been a gentleman.

Tried it....liked it.

Trout, as Paul suggested. I personally return all smallies back to their homes after rudely interrupting their day. It does make me cringe a bit when I see people keep smallies from my home waters, but they are well within their rights if doing it legally. This trout was a stocked fish. A wild caught one would have been much tastier in my opinion. Some people may cringe at that. My neighbor cringes at the fact that I enjoy fishing in general.

I was in that light crisp Totally Naked mood. Oh for some morels!

Jim, you hit it on the head. It was nearly perfect for me on that particular late afternoon. All of the above have done it for me at one time or another, though I have not had the pleasure of a Lou Malnottis deep dish pizza.

:) Sometimes even their lowly cousin the crayfish.\

John

I tried crayfish once when I was in Dallas where they are popular with the locals.They can keep 'em. They were tasteless. Also if that's a trout it should've been baked & served whole w/o so much as removing the scales.

Ron

You are the only person I have ever heard describe crayfish as tasteless. I have heard people call the little mud bugs much worse than that though. I myself like them. I do agree with the analysis of the trout. They are much better as you described. This one had been cleaned by a friend and was stripped of it's skin. Pan fried, skin side down,is my favorite way to prepare them. No batter needed. On this particular day I was quite happy with what I had. It disappeared much to quickly.