Planting water willows 7/21

Going into at least year 5 for this project - many have helped before & know what to expect. My opinion is its a morning of light work(cleanups are harder) & a great chance to meet and catch up with other members. For those that are new to this project or the ISA, I can only say DON'T MISS OUT!! Not only is it fun talking fishing while planting, look down the river and see what change this simple task has wrought to the habitat. Get there a little early and see the wildlife, insects and fish use the older plants. Stick around and we will grill lunch. Oh- if you don't have one yet earn your volunteers pin, too. And weather permitting you can fish afterward - Don R and I stuck it out last year despite the midday 90+ degree heat and caught fish. Details - meet at Violet patch park at 8AM, bring waders & gloves (if you want). A short demonstration by Bob Rung ( State fisheries biologist) and we will put 1000 plants in at the rivers edge. If you are coming give me an email, pm or call 630/251-5904. We need 20 or so ISA helpers to match the Friends of the Fox volunteers - extra help is MUCH better than too little.

Guest rich mc

i blocked off the morning on my schedule. any jobs i do will be after 11am or later . i enjoyed it last year and it sure beats moving rocks. rich

Yeah, that's my grill. It's a Coleman "Road Trip" grill. The stand folds up and the whole thing goes in a zip up, soft sided carrying case with wheels. It's even got 3 different types of cooking surfaces, grill, griddle, or open type you can put a pan on. Uses the small propane bottles. I think I paid about $150 for it on sale. They have a cheaper version now too.

www.coleman.com/coleman/ColemanCom/detail.asp?product_id=9941-768

Guest Don R

I plan on being there but work may delay my arrival. There's the Riverview diner north of Violet Patch park. They are located on the east side of Rte. 25 just south of Mill St. They have a huge menu but breakfast is king there. At last count I believe they have 28 different omelettes available :)

I will be there, also.

Have a wedding to attend later in the day, but how can I pass up continuing to help such a worthwhile project with such good friends, especially with fishing and a cookout tossed in.

See y'all on the 21st. ;)

Cory <0))))><

Good call Matt- I may ask if anyone would like to start at 7 am, I'm working out the details - we are going to plant up by the old rail bridge as well as down by violet patch park. If A few want to start early up there we could run everyone else thru the demonstration and send more around 8:30 to help. I want to start early- if you remember last year- it can get hot by 9 am. More on this in as few days, but early for breakfast could also start planting sooner.

Looks like it will be cool on Saturday. No need to start early - 8am at Violet Patch park - was out there tonight & the 3year old plants are huge. Colonies not plugs, water is up to the edge & lots of fish activity. My count is at 10 we need 10 or 15 more to get it done. If we hit that number each team will have to plant 2 flats of 38 plugs. Numbers are the difference- let me know. Thanks, John

Guest Don R

OK then...

6:30AM at the aforementioned breakfast location for those that want to chow before planting. Even if no one shows up for breakfast...you'll enjoy a great meal :)