Float Your Boat

This Saturday starting at 8:00am at Jerico lake in Aurora Paddle and Trail will be joining us in our annual Float Your Boat event. Should you be at all curious about canoe and kayak fishing or if like me you just love messing around in boats, come on down and join in the fun. There will be a varied selection of canoes and kayaks to test paddle and compare and have your questions answered.

Ed B

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&gl=us&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=jericho+lake+aurora&fb=1&gl=us&hq=jericho+lake&hnear=0x880ee54d4ed5111b:0x7fd1f848c350e85d,Aurora,+IL&cid=13743609404394236681

Eric ,William C - would you be willing to allow me a little seat time in your kayaks? With the fly rod :wacko: very nervous, but i would like to try.

ANY BODY HAVE ONE OF ROD FLOATIE THINGS? :D :D The pond hopper is open to any one interested as always.

Eric ,William C - would you be willing to allow me a little seat time in your kayaks? With the fly rod :wacko: very nervous, but i would like to try.

ANY BODY HAVE ONE OF ROD FLOATIE THINGS? :D :D The pond hopper is open to any one interested as always.

Don't worry Eugene Paddle and Trail will also have kayaks to test drive and I believe there will be some Jackson fishing kayaks.

ROD FLOATIE THINGS? What the heck is that?

50-70% chance of thunderstorms rolling through Aurora during the duration of the outing. Radar looks iffy at the moment and can hear thunder rumbling to the southwest of me. :-(

We sure need the rain though!

Fantastic turnout of people and boats. Big thanks to Paddle & Trail for the test boats and guidance! The weather held and it was beautiful out. 4 largemouth bass landed from the Cuda thus far. Nice little lake and only 10 minutes from home.

There was a nice selection of kayaks to try out. It was good to experience the differences in weight and maneuverability of the different watercraft. I really liked the new light weight Tarpon. It scoots across the water with very little effort. Also, the high seat position on the Jackson kayaks was really comfortable.
vd0chc.jpg

John L in the Big Tuna.

[

2.jpg

Early morning setup at Jericho Lake in Aurora.

3.jpg

Charlie Zine of Paddle & Trail, ISA member Steve "Spiz" and ISA officer Ed Buric

5.jpg

ISA officer Ed Buric takes a Jackson Kayak Cuda for a test paddle.

6.jpg

ISA officer Cory Gale takes a Jackson Kayak Coosa for a test paddle.

7.jpg

Wilderness Systems Ride 115.

8.jpg

A great selection of watercraft to try. This was only half of what was there!

9.jpg

ISA member Steve "Spiz" -- born to fish, forced to work.

10.jpg

ISA officer John Loebach and Charlie Zine of Paddle & Trail.

11.jpg

ISA member Steve "Spiz" test paddling a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120.

12.jpg

Lots of paddling discussion on a balmy July morning.

13.jpg

ISA officer Ed Buric and Charlie Zine of Paddle & Trail.

14.jpg

ISA member Steve "Spiz" and ISA officer Cory Gale test paddling fishing kayaks.

15.jpg

ISA officer Ed Buric.

16.jpg

ISA member Steve "Spiz" and ISA officer Ed Buric.

17.jpg

DNR stream biologist Bob Rung stopped by to test paddle a few kayaks. Seen here in a Jackson Kayak Coosa. He stood in it!

18.jpg

ISA member Dick Gronlund test paddling a Wilderness Systems Ride 115.

19.jpg

The Big Kahuna (ISA officer John Loebach) test paddles a Jackson Kayak Big Tuna.

20.jpg

Lots of watercraft to try!

21.jpg

ISA officer Ed Buric in his solo Mowhawk canoe.

22.jpg

ISA officer Eugene Collins in a Jackson Kayak Big Tuna. This fishing kayak is extremely versatile and can be used tandem or solo!

1.jpg

ISA officer Eugene Collins trying his luck on Jericho Lake from his "Pond Hopper." He caught numerous species.

23.jpg

I ended up with eight largemouth bass -- six on a Super Spook Jr., one on a Hula Grub, and this 18" on a Senko. I fished from my Jackson Kayak Cuda. Had a very enjoyable morning visiting, photographing, and fishing.

Eric

UGH !!! Sorry I missed this one boys, Charlie and his shop a first class, purchased both my commander and ride from him. Nice job ed and john. Those fish are not really safe to handle, I would stay clear of that piece of water. Fishing beaver island with Austin and Kevin morlock Thursday and friday, I'll try and post up.

Eric- Awesome pics and THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :D

Paddle and Trail- THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!! :D :D

I tried to stand in most of the kayaks there only managed to stand in a few. Couple i just got my but back to the seat as fast as i could!

I liked the "Hobie" because of the foot pedal propulsion.

This was a great outing! because of the members participation! Thank you!

Hope to see this bigger and better next year.

is it me or did the 'Big Kahuna' make the "Big Tuna" look small?