Central Ill. Outing on the Fox

It is a shallow stretch from what Eric has told me. I plan on wading, but you are welcome to bring your canoes or kayaks folks. Gonna be a great time!

Click on the "calendar" tab at the top of the page.

Well look at that.....I feel dumb now (not like that's out of the norm though).

Right now the weather forecast is calling for 44 degrees, 40% chance of rain and winds ENE at 18 mph. It may be tough for those unfamiliar with the river and chilly temps take a toll on your psyche. Given the high gas prices, I recommend postphoning a Central IL field trip to the Fox until the weather is a bit warmer. At least a wade or float in decent weather will be enjoyable, regardless of the catching. Saturday would probably be better served catching up on the honey-do list and saving the day for better odds. It's up to you guys. If some want to fish, I can meet up and point you in the right direction.

The Tap House in Oswego is a good place to meet afterward for a beer and a bite to eat. Nice beer selection and good food.

I think we should heed Eric's advice and postpone the outing until next Saturday.

For the guys in the Central Region, I am planning on posting ISA signs instead Saturday. Then we could dress warmer and avoid the cold water. I will post another topic for this and make calls tomorrow nite.

Last year at this time the Fox River was flooded. The fish were packed along shoreline structure and easily accessible / easily catchable. The USGS data was 12.97' / 4,720 CFS whereas right now it's 11.62' / 1,330 CFS. The fish are much more spread out right now and the wind + cold temperatures will make for a tough day on the angler. Church.

Just a reminder, Violet Patch Park at 8 AM this Saturday. PM me if you plan to attend. Looking up a place for breakfast today on break from work.

Nice to meet everyone today, I think all those that fished got into some OK fish. I got one that was maybe 15'' and few small ones...oh yea I managed to foul hook a Drum. Looking forward to fishing with you guys (and gal) again. Thanks again for the fly Eugene.

Dana thanks for running this one even with all that lightning. Ha.......... ^_^:P

I had fun today.The moving water was very calming . Didnt put that much effort into it today, so i am grateful

to that smallie that told me he was there by pulling the rod 3 or 4 times till he hooked himself. Everyone caught today.

Bart took off with Eric for a bit down river. By the smile on Bart's face i am sure they caught a few. I think Dana had numbers.

Pat showed up and showed us the flyrod works by picking several smallies off in a hurry.

Bart how did you do? Dana, Pat and i finished the day off at Fermi, where i saw Dana put a hurt on a pile of Bass.

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. Beautiful river everyone so warmly welcomed me to! Staying up for 22 hrs was totally worth every second, and I didn't even have to break out the waders! :P Can't wait to come up and do it all over again!