ISA TV

Terry Dodge

ISA TV is a live chat room designed as a source of information, education and entertainment for all registered members.

The chat room will feature a guest who will broadcast by a password protected live video feed. Featured Guests will be tying flies, discussing smallmouth fishing techniques, promoting something or whatever the heck else we can think of to do.

The Featured Guest will be the only one to broadcast by a password protected video feed but at times I (Terry Dodge) may have to moderate the room (with the Featured Guest) by audio only feed. All other guest will be able to ask questions by typing text.

There are plans of doing a test run later in February. The date has not been set yet but it will most likely be on a Saturday morning about 9am. There is a Featured Guest lined up for this test run who will be tying a fly. I don't want to announce the Featured Guest just yet, as he may have second thoughts and want to back out. I'll leave his announcement up to him at this point.

The idea I have for this is to line up a Featured Guest once a month from Nov. 2012, thru March/April of 2013.

This program will be run under one of our "protected forums".

(these directions will be post with each monthly session)

When you enter the chat room you will first be asked for a password. This password is [will give at a later date]

You will then be asked to sign in on a network. Click on "Guest", type in your first name, last initial, then hit enter.

Welcome to the room.

To enter chat room click on >>> [link will be here]

I am posting this now to try and answer any questions some of you might have. Please ask.

The room will look something like this......

Flies018.jpg

Wow, I'm a web developer and I'm really impressed with everything you guys do here.

This chat thing looks to be outstanding!

Nice job, Terry.

Let me know if you need any insight from the frozen tundra of Minnesota.

Thanks Brad! That means a lot coming from you. I hope this thing works. I don't see why it wouldn't but I am glad that you commented on it and brought it back up because I would like everyone to know that I will be holding a practice log-in session on this Saturday, Feb. 4 @ 9am..

This practice log-in session will be in LIVE text format only. No LIVE video feed on this run. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and log-in, enter the room, say "Hi" and leave, or stick around for some friendly smallmouth talk. It's just a session to see if there are any problems with the log-in.

I will post the link here on the "Open Discussion" forum along with log-in directions.

Watch for the headline "ISA TV 1/4/12" ,

Hope to see a few members in the chat room this Saturday morning at 9am.

I have decided to post this as an "Opened Log In".

Follow the directions I have posted and see if you can get into the room.

If you are having any problems please let me know.

Chances are you will be the only person in the room as this is a random unscheduled log-in session. If there is another member in the room go ahead and chat if you would like.

8-1.jpg

When entering chat-room (nios) you will be asked for a

Password: isabbb

Click on "Connect" or hit "Enter" on your keypad.

Then you will be asked to sign in on a network. Click on

Guest.

Type in your ISA user name. (example.- terryd.) If a name is already in the box just backspace it and type in yours.

Click on "GO" or hit "Enter" on your keypad.

That's it! That's all it takes.

Please let me know how your log-in went either way, good or bad.

To enter chat-room click [HERE]

Another tip: The line where you type in your comments is at the bottom of the white chat space. You may have to scroll down to it depending on your display height. You can usually set it so that the whole chat space and the input line show at the same time.

Old tip: Hit F11 once you are in the chat room. It will trim off some of the browser header lines on the top giving more useable space for the chat. To go back hit F11 again.

Worked great, got in easily, can't wait to see ole Mike G displaying his tying skills.

Who you callin' "ole." At seventy an oak tree is just gettin' going ;)

Just so everyone knows.........

This thing is still in it's TEST FAZE.

Whether you like the topic or not in the room, please join in and just get a feel for how it's going to go.

This room is going to be opened to all things smallmouth when it kicks off in Nov.

It's not going to be limited to just tying flies or watching Jude trying to put on a pair of waders.

If you like what you see and would like to set up something that you think others might be interested in seeing,

then send me a PM and we'll get the ball rolling.

All I ask during this TEST FAZE is for participation and comments on how to improve and make this a good experience for all members.

A Featured Speaker/Guest doesn't even have to broadcast via live video. If you think you have a technique that other members would like to learn or discuss, it can all be done by live text chat if you prefer.

Take the time and check out ISA LIVE. You might like what you see.

And just think of the possibilities.

8-1.jpg

When entering chat-room (nios) you will be asked for a

Password: isabbb

Click on "Connect" or hit "Enter" on your keypad.

Then you will be asked to sign in on a network. Click on

Guest.

Type in your ISA user name. (example.- terryd.) If a name is already in the box just backspace it and type in yours.

Click on "GO" or hit "Enter" on your keypad.

To enter chat-room click [HERE]

Saturday, Feb. 4, @ 9am. Practice Log-In Session.

Follow the directions and link above.

Very neat, great audio and decent video. My only problem was that on two occasions, a darn pop up ad came in, blocked the screen and when I x'ed the ad out, for a short time afterwards my visual was locked up and I couldn't type anything in the response box but eventually it came back. I think it has great possibilities. Thanks Terry for setting it up. Is there a reason why we would wait until November before going forward with it?

I was on as well. We might not have to wait until November, but there area lot of questions to be answered before we go forward. I was having a lot of problems with the Adobe Flash that is used. I was getting popups from Adobe that was locking up my screen. I also thought the ads were really annoying and distracting. I'd like to see if we could do a version that we pay for so we don't have to have the ads. It will take more practice runs to work out the bugs and get answers to the questions we had.

I have sent an email to the support and info team.

For the pro version it does say that there are no ads with the up-graded "Pro" version ($10 a month charge)

In the email I asked about the ads going away texting limits if we were to up-grade to Pro.

I was just thinking Nov. as a start date as I know we need to test this more and work out any bugs and by the time we got all of

that done and taken care of, then the nice weather would be here and we would all be out fishing. Not sure when a good day and time would be to do anything with this when we could be fishing.

I'll post more info on the "Pro" package as I get it.

Terry,

I was wondering if the Pro Version would apply to the ISA Chat or to the individual subscriber. Big difference.

As for November, it may be a mark in the sand when the program becomes official. But our testing before that will be open to all, and I hope to see a lot of good sessions before that like my 2/25/02 9:00 AM session tying the Flap-doodle Finn.