Chicago region meeting tonight

Really hoping some of the folks from the north and east attend this meeting...

The meeting will at dicks sporting store in Schaumburg. East side of Woodfield Mall.

You can see the the store from route 53. Meeting will start at 5:30

hope to see some new faces

.On Saturday,November 13th 8 members attended the meeting at Dick's in Schaumburg.

Our speaker for the evening was Barry O'flynn of PK lures who gave us a presentation on the new line of lures and jigging spoons from PK lures,While these new lures were primarily designed for walleye fishing,they should be readily adaptable for smallmouth.The presentation evolved into a general discussion on smallmouth fishing and the application of these new lures.

We will evaluate the turnout for this meeting in our planning for the future functions of the Chicago region and how we can best accommodate the largest number of members.

Ed B

Those of you who live to the north are missing your chance!

We have a second meeting of the month, so that people from the north arent left out.

You still dont attend....

We will evaluate the turnout for this meeting in our planning for the future functions of the Chicago region and how we can best accommodate the largest number of members.

I for one am very dissapointed..

When trying new places, you are going to face disappointments from time to time.

Several years ago, I looked hard at out membership list and concluded that we have a ton of members around the south suburbs.

I scheduled a meeting at a decent brewery restaurant in Orland Park.

4 or 5 people showed up, and I think they all traveled from the north and west 'burbs.

We shared drinks and appetizer trays and had a great time.

Don't let it get you down.....

In our survey of members it wasn't only "location" that prevented people from making a meeting, it was time, day of the week also.

Gotta hit it just right, and get lucky sometimes.

You are never going to please everyone.

Food for thought-

something like 40 members list "Chicago" as their home address....just sayin.

I totally agree that some of the best meetings are when we just get together in a relaxed atmosphere to socialize a bit.That is why our February meeting will be a casual breakfast meeting at Harner's Bakery and Restaurant overlooking the Fox river in North Aurora.

A good breakfast and the camaraderie of fellow smallmouth fisherman.What could be better on a winters morning?

Ed B