signs

Norm M

Blue jays have been quite abundant lately along the river, i consider them a "fall bird"..water is clearing, wildlife in general seem to be more active right now..Fall is probably my favorite time of year..and it is getting close.

This is not a sign of fall, but a sign that the urban environment is getting better. Today I saw a bald eagle flying over the Des Plaines River near Lockport.

I saw a couple over on the Illinois River a couple of weeks ago also. Maybe all those Asian carp will encourage a few more eagles to spend the entire year here in Illinois.

Signs of fall are here. What do you think the sudden drop in temperature is going to do to the fishin this weekend? When I get up Saturday AM it will be in the 40's.

Good question. I was wondering that myself. Typically from what I've read, experienced and read of others experience's a sudden temp drop combined with the high pressure type of front should slow or shut things down even though rivers aren't supposed to experience the same effects as a lake. Then again I've also read the fish get more active when the temp is going up or down. Possibly a slower presentation for tomorrow or Sunday. By Monday I would assume that things might be somewhat stabilized. Let us know :unsure:

What a miserable, worthless summer. For the first time in my life I'm looking forward to Fall. Hopefully we'll have a mild winter.

If I could make one month last the whole year around here it'd be September.Warm, not hot, days,crisp nights,rain usually minus the violent storms.The weather in October can be that way too but is more iffy.Last year we had nicer weather in November than we did in October.

If I could make one month last the whole year around here it'd be September.Warm, not hot, days,crisp nights,rain usually minus the violent storms.The weather in October can be that way too but is more iffy.Last year we had nicer weather in November than we did in October.

Oh yeah. September rocks. Normally I don't bitch about summer, but the heat indexes were relentless. I feel really bad for guys that do physical labor outdoors. Last year's summer was nice IMHO.

Fall sucks because it's pretty for like two weeks, then grey and ugly AND it's a precurser for a long miserable Chicago winter. Snow screws my life up big time. I hate it with my whole soul. I'm praying for mild snowless winter.