Any 9's?

Terry Dodge

The fish adapt to the water conditions, why can't we do so as well?

Oh, I'm sure I'll make my way to the creek and give 'er a good shot but it never seems to go the way I would like it to go.

This is one of the many reasons I joined the ISA, to pick-up on little high water fishing tips and such.

It'll take more water then we got right now to keep this smallie chaser at home.

Any 5's? Would anyone happen to have any 5's?

DesPlaines Conservation Area, need a motorized boat. North side of river, just upstream from ramp maybe thirty yards off the bank is a rock bar. I don't care how dirty the water, get a crank plug down there and it's a multi species haven. Been a long time since I've fished the spot but I assume it's still there.

Walk the Shore Line around the Parks areas and fish the grass close to shore. I remember catching a bunch of good size Smallmouths on the Kankakee doing just that with Norm and Phil one high water day.

Oh, I'm sure I'll make my way to the creek and give 'er a good shot but it never seems to go the way I would like it to go.

This is one of the many reasons I joined the ISA, to pick-up on little high water fishing tips and such.

It'll take more water then we got right now to keep this smallie chaser at home.

Any 5's? Would anyone happen to have any 5's?

No 5's but a 20 would be nice ;)

Norm is right about adapting. You just have to get out and check things out (safely of course). The fish still need to eat (just like winter). I personally can't beat the shoreline as I'm allergic to whatever that tall grass is when it's pollenating(sp?) and that usually coincides with the better part of June. Until the water drops or the grass is done; does anyone have any 3's?

Time for the white spinner bait. A bacon wrapped glow stick will probably work if you get it in the right area.

itc?

Sure... mess with the one guy that still hasn't gotten a bite on that particular bait yet. I do have glow sticks and bacon in the freezer. How do you wrap the bacon around the stick? Is this a topwater presentation or worked on the bottom?

No 5's but a 20 would be nice wink.gif

Norm is right about adapting. You just have to get out and check things out (safely of course). The fish still need to eat (just like winter). I personally can't beat the shoreline as I'm allergic to whatever that tall grass is when it's pollenating(sp?) and that usually coincides with the better part of June. Until the water drops or the grass is done; does anyone have any 3's?

No 3's but I see rain is back into the 4cast.

It looks like if I'm ever going to learn to fish high water then this is the year.

I too don't get along with the stuff that grows along our river banks, that's why I like to stick too the wading thing.

Any 4's? I could definitely use some 4's.

No 3's but I see rain is back into the 4cast.

It looks like if I'm ever going to learn to fish high water then this is the year.

I too don't get along with the stuff that grows along our river banks, that's why I like to stick too the wading thing.

Any 4's? I could definitely use some 4's.

No 4's go fish! Got out last night for a couple hours on a rapidly falling but still chocolatey and chugging flow. The grass has gone to seed so no allergies. One well fed 12/13 on plastic in seam and one dink on a crank in slack. After not being out for over a month I'll take it!