What is a good waterproof digital camera?

Mike G

In today's fishing world a digital is almost as important as shoes. But there are a lot of models to choose from. I am looking for something in the $100-200 range but might go higher. What are youur experiences?

In today's fishing world a digital is almost as important as shoes. But there are a lot of models to choose from. I am looking for something in the $100-200 range but might go higher. What are youur experiences?

I bought an inexpensive Olympus (I forget the model) for about $140. It takes decent pictures, but the battery life stinks.

Hey, Mike,

I also like my Canon DC 10 a lot; does everything I need it to do, even takes underwater pix, and is waterproof down to ... deeper than I go!

• 1 month later...

I have an Olympus stylus 1050 sw. The only thing good about it is it's waterproof. Other than that it sucks. It just cannot handle any kind of contrasty situations and totally screws up the exposure almost every time. I retouch everything in Photoshop.

the worst camera I've ever owned.

Plus Olympus uses an XD card also pain.

Thanks to all for comments. I got a Fuji XP 10. So far the price is right, and the portability is good. I will be using it for a while on their auto setting before I report any thoughts. Now I can make you look at everything I catch. :D