Murdich Minnow

Urbs

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Ryan S said:

Great tie. I love Murdich minnows. Awesome action and easy to cast. Do you fish it on a floating or a sinking line? Whats your leader set up? Thanks!

hey Ryan. I only ever fish a floating line (solely based on laziness). I know I should try sink tips so maybe that’s a goal for 2023. leaders: again I’m pretty lazy so 2-3 feet of 30 lb mono to 25 lb to 20 lb (whole butt section is maybe 6 ft). then to a small swivel, and then 8 lb mono “tippet” after that. maybe 2 or so feet?  

including a recent murdich I tied after buying some ice fur and estaz as per the recipe.

E5F5A209-AE16-4FB6-9AB8-C6CF1FA40D97.jpeg

19 hours ago, Urbs said:

hey Ryan. I only ever fish a floating line (solely based on laziness). I know I should try sink tips so maybe that’s a goal for 2023. leaders: again I’m pretty lazy so 2-3 feet of 30 lb mono to 25 lb to 20 lb (whole butt section is maybe 6 ft). then to a small swivel, and then 8 lb mono “tippet” after that. maybe 2 or so feet?  

including a recent murdich I tied after buying some ice fur and estaz as per the recipe.

E5F5A209-AE16-4FB6-9AB8-C6CF1FA40D97.jpeg

Thanks! I always enjoy hearing the different leader set ups that people are using. One of my goals this year is to fish a sinking line more often. Most likely looking at an intermediate for weightless streamers like yours above in the the rivers while wading.