9/10/22 ISA DuPage River float/wade outing

ISA will be hosting a float/wade outing on the Dupage River on Saturday, July 16, 2022.  Depending on the river levels at that time we will do either a float or wade outing.  Depending on the number of people that show we will have alternative float/wade routes.  

We will meet at Riverview Farmstead Preserve Shelter in south Naperville at 8:00 am to meet and set up our shuttle. We would like to get an early start to avoid the weekend public kayak onslaught that usually starts late morning.  

Following the float we will have a picnic at the Riverview shelter with drinks,  grilled hot dogs and chips with promised stories about our catches and  the big one that got away! 

The entrance to the Riverview Farmstead Preserve Shelter is located at the south side of the intersection of Book Road and 111th street in Naperville.

Any questions please post here or contact Bart Durham.

• Bart Durham changed the title to 9/10/22 ISA DuPage River float/wade outing

Due to a scheduling conflict on my part we have to reschedule this outing to Saturday, September 10, 2022.

Same plans as before, on Saturday, September 10, 2022, we'll meet at Riverview Farmstead Shelter in the southern tip of  Naperville at 7 am to set up our shuttle. Following the float we'll meet back at the Riverview Farmstead picnic shelter for a post float grilled lunch and drinks.  Please mark your calendars accordingly.  

If you have any questions about the float trip post here or contact Bart Durham.  I'll post more information on the trip as the September date approaches.  

Conditions are setting up very nicely for our end of summer float trip scheduled for next Saturday, September 10th on the DuPage River near Naperville. We will meet at 8 am at the Riverview Farmstead Park Parking lot to set up our shuttles for the float trip. The entrance to the Riverview Farmstead Park is located on the south side of the intersection of 111th Street and Book Road. The park is located on the very southern end of Naperville and sits on the river. The park has plenty of parking and has restroom facilities and a picnic shelter. 

We will have two or three float trip options available to attendees depending on how many members attend the float, so we won’t on top of each other during the float. With the recent rains, the DuPage River is shaping up nicely and should be in great conditions for the float trip. The topwater bite should still be in play, but bring all your gear because you never know what the smallmouth will like.  

The float trip will last approximately 4-6 hours, depending on how slow you fish the river. Following the float trip we will meet back at the Riverview Farmstead Picnic Shelter for a lunch of grilled hot dog/brats and drinks and to discuss the day’s catch. It should be a great time and fun way to get that end of summer fishing trip completed.  

If you have any questions about the trip please call me or contact me on the ISA website. 

I've been scouting the area on DuPage river near next week's ISA outing at Riverview Farmstead Preserve and the topwater action has been really good.  Most of big fish have been caught dead drifting popper near or along rock and wood structure.  White Jude Bug and Bugle Bug have worked well.  Also, seeing action in middle of river near grass beds.  I'm certain any type of topwater lure would be successful.  Plenty of fish to be caught in this area, and hot topwater fishing action should continue for a few weeks so hope you can make it next Saturday, Sept 10th to our ISA outing  at Riverview Farmstead Preserve Park in Naperville at 8 am. Bring your kayaks or feel free to wade as wading conditions will be really good and this is easy area to wade..

Latest weather update shows warm weather though Saturday so it should be a great morning for a float or wade trip at this Saturday's outing at 8 am at  Riverview Farmstead Preserve Park in Naperville.

I'll bring some hot dogs and chips and cooler of iced water.  Feel free to bring side and or drinks.  I've had a few people tell me they will be attending.  Hope you can make it as the more the merrier and it should be a beautiful day.    Please let us know if you can make it.  Attached is link with a pin location for the park  whose entrance in located on south side of intersection of Book Road and 111th Street (aka Hassert Blvd) in Naperville.  

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Riverview+Farmstead+Preserve,+Book+Rd,+Naperville,+IL+60564/@41.6729443,-88.186449,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x880ef60cdb43db13:0xbc147a41b43ca0bf!8m2!3d41.6729443!4d-88.186449

I have two float options available for those who want to float  that will take about 4 hours to complete depending on how slow you fish them..  I also have  a multitude of wading spots near the Park Pavilion for those who prefer wading (wet wading or waders). Make sure to include some top water options in your gear.

I was on the Dupage on Saturday at McDowell grove forest preserve. Caught a monster for that area on a strike king popper . Also caught almost a 4lb on a whopper plopper the week before same area . You still have to contend with the weed a bit but so far it’s been good .   I will be joining  for the float and wade trip this Saturday (09/10) I will be wading though . Unless someone has room in their boat . (Ha ha) 

Tomorrow shaping up to be a gorgeous day for fishing.  We will meet at the Riverview Farmstead Park Pavilion at 8 am to set up shuttles for those who want to float and provide plans for those who want to wade.  Wading is definitely an option, as there is a 2 mile long trail that leads from the park and parallels the river and provide many wading areas. The water is still warm enough to wet wade.  

For those who want to have breakfast before the event we are meeting at the Eggcited Pancake House at 2728 Hassert (111th st) in Naperville at 7 am.  The restaurant is  just located about a mile from Riverview Farmstead  Park down 111th street.

Here is the pin location for the event.  I caught a few more nice Dupe smallmouth this week on topwater so topwater bite still on:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Riverview+Farmstead+Preserve,+Book+Rd,+Naperville,+IL+60564/@41.6729443,-88.186449,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x880ef60cdb43db13:0xbc147a41b43ca0bf!8m2!3d41.6729443!4d-88.186449

IMG_1043-2.jpg

Bart,thanks for organizing the outing and grilling for the group and Kevin for the shuttle.

Jim, Chris and I had a good time kayak fishing our section of river. With the river being so low and clear we could see stuff that normally can't be seen. Good timing too with the river level shooting up the next day.

Most of the fish I caught were small but I did catch 3 nice ones. 16.75", 17", 16". 

Dupage1.JPG

Dupage2.JPG

Dupage3.JPG