Time for goodbyes

Kevin Dells

Well guys work has gotten so slow up here in Illinois that the family has decided to try another state.

We are moving down to North Carolina end of July.

I would like to say thanks to everybody that i have meet or talked to through the ISA.

I know the last ten years of smallie chasing wouldn't have been the same if i didn't have such a great group of guys to share the adventures with.

Yes i will be stuck chasing the big ugly green fish now, but i can do it year round without wearing a parka!

Thanks again it's been great working with everybody!

Kevin"Microburst"Dells

Kevin, I have a very good friend in Rolesville, N. Carolina that may be able to help you out. Rolesville is not to far from Raleigh, NC. He is the Mayor Pro Term and knows a lot of people. His name is Frank Eagles and he is a very nice guy. If you are going to be in that area I can e-mail him and see if the two of you can hook up. I wish you the best of luck in your move and hope everything works out for you. Give me a PM if it is near were you will be.

Guest rich mc

you always do something in a big way. big smallies, big logjam projects,and big microburst storms..and now a big move. best of luck to you and your family. keep in touch on the website. thanks for all you have done to build the northwest region.. rich

Kevin,

Thanks for your determination to get the NW region going and all the great habitat improvement work you organized and accomplished. You're a wealth of information and I always learned something each of the few times we fished together.

Best wishes to you and your family on your move.

Bill Kreznor

Kevin,

My book should be out in two or three weeks. It contains a picture of your unshaven mug, sitting in a canoe, holding up a big smallie.

You helped me get involved in the ISA by inviting me to share your spots, Kilbuck and Sylvania!

Gregg

Kevin,

Sorry to see you go. You have been an asset to the ISA as I’m sure you are to any group that you associate with. Don’t let them give you a hard time about being a Yankee and remember it is called the Civil War not the war of northern aggression.

Guest Don R

Kevin,

You lead the group on my first ever ISA fishing outing. Thanks for all you've done for the ISA and for showing me the Apple. Good luck and keep in touch.

Don

Thank you all for the reply's!! Wow what can i say.

It's funny but almost everybody had written a little about what they experienced while fishing or fixing a river with me, i never would have imagined it turned out that way the day I contacted Joz for the first time.

I had asked him if the ISA would help me sponsor a clean up, his response was a quick yes, but i was later to find out it came with a price. That price ended up being a very good price to pay and i was glad to return the favor.

The price to pay was to take hold of the Northwest area and represent it as an officer and to recruit newcomers and contact the members from this area that have been quiet for years. It was dam hard work to say the least, lots of hours trying to say the convincing words that would lead future ISA members into the already awesome group.

But one by one guys started to listen to my word about not only fishing but conservation as well, there were more like me out there, guys that not just love the outdoors, those guys are a dime a dozen! But guys with a true passion of their surroundings in the outdoors, not just fishermen and women but stewards of their waters,people who cared what was happening to their waters and were willing to step up and do something about it!

I recently asked Rich just before my recent hardship came along if i could get back into being an officer again, Rich sorrily denied as at this time we have many officers. After looking further Rich was right many people had stepped up as officers and this tells me that this is a great thing as officership meens many people with concerns for our rivers and the fish that swim in it. Not just a few people like when i first joined on but many were now concerned and had stepped up to help.

You see i drifted a little from the ISA with my other love of running Haunted Houses but everytime i went to the river i marveled in her beauty and it kept me coming back to the ISA just to see what was going on. I found after a year or two of absence i had still remained good freinds with the guys up this way and still am and always will be. This is not goodbye but more a see you soon.

In that message to Rich i even told him that i didn't fish that much but i still wanted to help do conservation projects,funny how fishing became # 2 to conservation projects in my book but im glad it did!!

After doing the Kish Log Jam removal and having so many people stand by my side to make that happen, thats what really hooked this fish! Seeing it today put me on the stringer and took me home!

Sounds like im writing from the heart dosen't it, well I am! Which is what each and everyone of you guys do when you log on or give an hour of your time to the waters you love or show a youngster how to fish, you show your hearts and what very big hearts they are! Kudo's to all of you Gentlemen, you are all #1 in my book.

Paul,Brian O and Gregg my dearest fishing companions, i leave Miss Kish in your hands guys,take care of her she's a great river, keep fighting for her!

Gary L i am going to take you up on that offer for help with your freind i really would like to know more before i get there, if you could send his # that would be excellent. And to you i say it has truly been an honor guiding you into the Jungle, i still remember the smile on your face the day you caught that huge bass and we named that hole after you, it will always be and has been since,"Gary's Hole" and yes we still catch nice bass there today!

There a whole slew of people that even far from me made a huge impact on me as a member.

Joz, Scott, Jonn G, Norm,Ed K, Craig R, Pete P and Rich M. You guys have been the lifeblood of the ISA for years, Thanks for pushing me to pursue it. You guys showed me that the right people can make a difference!

Theres even a couple of guys that i bumped heads with at first, Eric and Mike Clifford. Eric you and I got off on the wrong foot from the get go but i think we both saw each others efforts and realized we were fighting together, we never said it but i know theres a great respect there now!

Mike you and I had some words boy back in the CLF days!! Funny how things turn out huh Mike? Look at you now a very good leader and you and I hold a huge passion for conservation! Glad we bumped heads,Man!

I leave in a month for my new destination in life. One thing i know for sure the first thing im going to do is introduce myself to the preserve people when i get there and let them know who i am and what i do. Then im going to find me a nice little river, call her mine and cherish her even if it only has green fish in it,because it's not only about the fish, it's about the beauty of the river!

That i learned by becoming an ISA member.

Godspeed Guys! I"ll write soon.

Kevin"Microburst" Dells

I enjoyed the times together .

Good luck on the move and I'll offer up prayers for a safe and uneventful journey .

I guess we can all expect better weather next time we go fishing. (This is an inside joke that I'll let Kevin explain if he chooses to. Look at his nickname: Microburst.)

Gregg

Kevin,

Great job and dedication as an officer. You are responsible for the ISA having a Rockford Region.

I am happy to see how much you gained from the ISA as a conservationist, and as a fisherman. I have gained similar things.

Thanks for the kind words.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Joz

back in the CLF days!! Funny how things turn out huh Mike?

I have no idea what you mean, Kevin.

:P

I remember we first met at an ISA outing on the Kankakee, and not long after that we swapped conservation war stories over a couple frosty cold ones.

It was then I think we knew it would take a lifetime to achieve our common goals and made it a point to do just that.

Ring me up when you get back to town in the future.

• 2 weeks later...