Never Say Never

ronk

Channel 11 did an unbelievable story yesterday about a cupl of guys one in his 30s the other over 50 who regularly swim in Lake M thruout the year regardless of water or air temps.Swimming often as temps start to drop in Fall acclimates their bodies to the slowly decreasing water temps as winter approaches.These guys were shown swimming out to slush ice about 250 yards from shore and diving under it before swimming back to shore where they hurriedly dressed saying they could remain reasonably warm for no more than 5 minutes after getting out of the water in frigid air. It was reported that one of the guys actually went for a swim in yesterday's sub zero temps! The only things they wear other than swimtrunks are neoprene booties & skullcap. This story along with another I saw recently about the severe hardships including death borne by climbers on Mt Everest makes you appreciate the extremes man can accomplish.It also makes me feel like a woos for complaining about my hands getting cold quickly as I've aged.

I saw the same story. Couldn't believe it. Then it showed they guys after the swim slowly putting on their clothes near the shore in what had to be sub zero weather, and being interviewed by the newsperson, speaking calmly and not shivering a bit. Amazing.

I use to do that all the time. It's really not all that cold. Not as cold as one might think anyways.

After the polar swim I would then jog two miles back to my crib in the city and bang my head up against the wall to Justin Bieber music.

Those days are gone, now that I'm older. I still like rocking out to some classic Biebs every now and then.

People who practice cold water swimming are about as silly as this post I just made.

I used to chastise Norm for not including pix in his fishing reports.I won't anymore.

snicker........................:-)