Pot Luck Picnic

The second annual I S A pot luck picnic is scheduled for August 10th this year.The location is to be the same as last year,the glenwood forest preserve picnic shelter.The shelter is located on rt. 25 just South of Wilson ave. in Batavia Il.
Our own chef 'Spiz' will have his infamous pulled pork sandwiches as the main course for this years picnic.I will again supply my wifes home made potato salad this year.Everyone is encouraged to bring along something to add to the feast.
This is a family friendly social event so please do not hesitate to include members of your family.Just let us know how many are going to attend so that we can plan accordingly.The picnic festivities will begin at 10:00am or you can arrive earlier and do a little fishing beforehand.
Let's make this THE social event of the year again this year!

100_3789.JPG

Thanks Pat.

Last year quite a few showed up that didn't let us know in advance.While everyone is more than welcome to attend as are family members,just please let us know here in advance.Having an accurate count on attendees will help us in our planning and make for a more pleasant outing for everyone.

Ed Buric

The second annual I S A pot luck picnic is scheduled for August 10th this year.The location is to be the same as last year,the glenwood forest preserve picnic shelter.The shelter is located on rt. 25 just South of Wilson ave. in Batavia Il.

Our own chef 'Spiz' will have his infamous pulled pork sandwiches as the main course for this years picnic.I will again supply my wifes home made potato salad this year.Everyone is encouraged to bring along something to add to the feast.

This is a family friendly social event so please do not hesitate to include members of your family.Just let us know how many are going to attend so that we can plan accordingly.The picnic festivities will begin at 10:00am or you can arrive earlier and do a little fishing beforehand.

attachicon.gif100_3789.JPG

It is now 10 days away,make your plans,mark your calendars and let us know how many are attending!

Ed,

I plan to be there. If you're still looking for someone to bring that chilled watermelon, I can do it.

By all means do it.I believe that chilled watermelon is the perfect dessert after pulled pork.

Look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

Exactly one week from today.Make your plans to be there now,don't miss out!

4 days to go! don't miss out on the social event of the season,make your plans to attend now!

rsz_100_3779(1).jpg

3 more days

rsz_100_3788.jpg

one more day!

tomorrow!!!

Another terrific event. As usual, Ed booked beautiful weather for the picnic. I don't know how he makes sure we have a perfect day for the picnic but he's doing a great job. Steve Spiz's pulled pork was perfect as were Pat Hirschtiks baked beans, Ed's wife's potato salad, the fresh sweet corn, the fruit bowls, the watermelon and the cookies and muffins for dessert. Thanks everyone for bringing the good food and for joining us in a delightful afternoon. I ate too much and I'm going to take a nap now.

We had 18 people show up for what really was the social event of the season.Those that did a little fishing before hand did pretty well with the smallmouth.John Loebach even took a nice catfish with his flyrod.

Yes,the weather was absolutely perfect but that is because the river gods smile on the I S A.

There was an ample amount of absolutely fantastic food as Scott has detailed above.A big thank you to all who donated to todays feast.

I will post some pictures but first I need a nap.

Ed B

we will have to do this again next year