Gordon P

Jim J

Hi guys,

I got this email from Gordon today. I am out of money but if someone could help him out with some I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

We've got to get him home.

Good Morning,

Hope you get this on time, I made a trip to Manila(Philippines) and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and personal. The embassy has just issued me a temporary passport but I have to pay for a ticket and settle my hotel bills with the Manager.

I have made contact with my bank but it would take me 3-5 working days to access funds in my account, the bad news is my flight will be leaving in less than 8-hrs from now but I am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until I settle the bills, I need your help/LOAN financially and I promise to make the refund once I get back home, you are my last resort and hope, Please let me know if I can count on you and I need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way I can reach you.

Thanks!
Gordon P.

I'm on it. I wired him a couple grand. Also gave him my S.S. number and mother's maiden name (Finklestein) in case he had any other needs. Isn't that what the ISA is all about?

Um, to be very delicate about this, I hope everybody realizes this is very likely a scam. Maybe I'm the one to look dumb here but just making absolutely sure.

Okay good - joke's on me. My father, may he RIP, would in all likelihood have fallen for this... smart people can have weird blind spots. So I never assume.

I think the scams are just slightly more believable when the scammer gets your friend's name and/or email from a board and uses that as a false identity. Just slightly.

I contacted the US embassy in Manila and asked my congressman to follow up on this. That's why they call them public servants.

Sorry too. I met this woman at the mall who found a briefcase with one million dollars in it. She promised me half if I gave her an advance or 10 thousand to hire a lawyer to make sure we got all the money. Can't help him now. But by this time next month...

I can help out as soon as I get my inheritance check from some guy who died with my last name in South America.

The original email was sent to Jim on the 14th. You're a week late.

I would hope the situation has been taken care of. Plus, your inheritance check could take up to 10 days in the mailing system

once it has been processed.

I have a friend that moved to the Philippines last year. If Gordon is still there let me know and I'll see if I can hook him up with a crib

until he gets things straightened out.

Jude and I just found out our money never made it to him so if you can get him an apartmet or somewhere to stay for a while until this gets worked out, that would be great!

I switched my swiss bank accts to his name if someone could let him know please. Also arranged for my private jet to arrive there shortly, you know, if he needs groceries or something.

I will be flying out to Manila on Sunday. Time is short. Express checks or money orders to me so I can take cash with me. Obviously electronic transfers are not working. BTW Please pmail me his address.

Jude and I just found out our money never made it to him so if you can get him an apartmet or somewhere to stay for a while until this gets worked out, that would be great!

Consider it done. My friend is building a house and at this time it is still not complete. I'm sure Gordon can find a corner to nap down in.

Well some nice chaps in Nigeria hacked my account......................deleted all my contacts. Good thing I have them in another place. Sorry if you got this. I am touched :-0 by y'alls concern :huh: