Something New to Try

I usually sleep 'til noon or one, but tomorrow I'll be getting up at the crack of tenish to go shopping. Big plans for Groundhog Day and I need to get my supplies.

Actually, I'll be computer shopping tomorrow morning. Anyone feel the need to talk me out of a Mac desktop? 99% use will be internet, pics, and music. I've heard lots of good about them, especially for a luddite like me.

I don't see how anybody could try to talk you out of getting a MAC.

I got mine last year and all computer problems I was having went away and I have had no issues since getting the MAC.

Easy to use also. For some reason some people think it's hard to switch over to a MAC. I don't understand why they think this.

I got mine in Madison at the Apple store.

If you get one let me know and we can be MAC buddies and have pijama parties and listen to record albums.

LAPTOP!!!!!

Do they still make desktops?

I agree! Unless you have a very specific reason for needing a desktop I would go laptop. Micro Center out here by me in Wesmont has some good deals now and again. It is a drive for you NW region guys. You could also look online.

Someday I'lll be able to get a Mac laptop...

If you get one let me know and we can be MAC buddies and have pijama parties and listen to record albums.

Looks like I'll be learning Windows 8.

I'm leaning towards a desktop cause I like to leave it running in the evening so it's easy to jump back and forth tween the tying desk and the computer. My wife has a tablet, which serves the purpose of portable internet quite well.

Myself, Mike G. and Scott where in the room.

We just stood and stared at each other.

Maybe we should have talked about the Silver Bullet in Champaign. If they have grits...

I've got an IMac at the office use by my secretary and a MacBook Air that I carry between home and office, and I love both of them. And with FaceTime, you can talk and see folks who also have Macs (at least the newer ones) Can you imagine, you could see and talk live to Terrydodge!

Thanks, Fred, but I'd rather not imagine such a thing. By the way...this is my first post on the new IMac I bought this morning. Gonna take a little getting used to, but I think I'm gonna like it.

Thanks, Fred, but I'd rather not imagine such a thing. By the way...this is my first post on the new IMac I bought this morning. Gonna take a little getting used to, but I think I'm gonna like it.

Enjoy the new baby. I just realized that I am reading this thread and responding on a Kindle Fire. A Xmas toy. The first time I accessed IS A was on a 486 with a dialup line. Progress.

Thanks, gents. I have encountered one issue: I can't see embedded videos. Just a "Missing Plug-in" not in the middle of the vid window. Installed adobe flash 10, but that doesn't seem to work. I'll keep on trying to figure it out. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.