My First Fly Ever

Guest Josh Glovinsky

Guest Josh Glovinsky

Well I it was getting very expensive buying streamer patterns from Gander so I thought I would give tying a try. Found a vise on ebay and order some materials and started doing some research. Here is what I came up with. My first ever Clouser Minnow:

DSC00005%5B1%5D_0.JPG

Josh:

Looking forward to our trip on Saturday. I have put together a box full of flies for you and Sheri to take home with you. Not only will these flies catch fish, but should give you some patterns that you can start to practice on. Be careful.........................fly tying is like a drug. The only difference is that fly tying is legal. Great to see you really getting into fly fishing and tying.......................it can be very rewarding.

cya on Sat.

If you think it was expensive buying flies just wait and see what happens if you really get into fly tying. Drug addiction is a good analogy. You may have to start stealing and cheating to afford it. What if I try this or maybe if I get a little of that. Remember those words.

Guest Josh Glovinsky

Was that you last Sunday wading in my section of the Kish again? You're the only other person I've seen in that area this year.

Yeah I was around that part of the woods a couple Sunday's ago. I believe I saw your Jeep parked there.

Nice going. Now you need to put that fly in a frame or hang in on your desk as a keepsake. And Bob G's words about drug addiction are spot-on

Keep that fly in the water until it stops producing. Time enough to frame it afterwords.

There's a nice difference between drugs and fly tying. First, tying supplies are a lot cheaper than drugs. Second, drugs will shorten your life while tying will lengthen it.