July 14 Apple River Outing

Just a reminder that we have a wade fishing outing this Saturday on the Apple. So far I've had 4 other ISA members RSVP. I would like to propose meeting at the Denny's in Rockford between 6 & 6:15am for breakfast. It would be the one at highway 20 & rt 251. We can do some car pooling. Call Paul T at 815 703 2651 if you are interested.

Here's a few pics of the outing. Paul can follow up with the report...

Paul and Deb hit a little pool.

FILE0017-1.jpg

Jim and Tim take on the rocky Apple after a short break for jerky and sausage.

FILE0023-2.jpg

Paul with one of our biggest catches.

FILE0021-1.jpg

Tim and Paul looking for bigger smallies.

FILE0020-1.jpg

Paul and Tim again!

FILE0024-2.jpg

:angry: Again! Paul and Tim leading the way.

FILE0027-1.jpg

I had a great time. Thanks Paul for putting this together.

Guest Jim S.

I had a great time, The Apple is a fun,hard and scenic wade. Amazing the amount of rock in that water! I appreciate the chance to hang with you guys, much fun on my end. Thanks Paul for the day!

Guest Jim S.

After the month Paul T has had and the fun Sat, I joked on the way back in my best Austin Powers voice and dubbed him "Bass Bastard". So I played (for fun) with Terry's pic :-)

bb.jpg

I always wondered what I'd look like in a kilt. I really enjoyed fishing with the group yesterday. It's been a while since we had a group willing take on 5+ miles of rugged Apple river. There are not too many place in L more scenic to fish for the beloved smallmouth bass. Fishing wise, we caught over 100 as a group but it was mostly a dink fest. The biggest fish went 14.5" tops.I'll try to post more later. I'm just killing time now working as a hole marshall at the Rockford Pro am. S

That's hilarious, Jim! If you blur your eyes, those rods look like they could be light-duty bagpipes.

And Paul.. "hole marshal"? really?

I had a great time with you guys and gal. The Apple is a great place to fish especially with a great group like we had. I'm looking forward to our next outing. I only took a couple pics.

Paul and Deb I think

121xr7t.jpg