kankakee outing 4pm

just a reminder for the upcoming outing at kankakee state park for 4 PM--- the park closes at 8PM. folks have been ticketed for not getting out on time.

Just to clarify this outing is a week away on 7/23. River is at 2820cfs at Wilminton. Should be warm, low & clear in 8 days - if its stable wading & fishing should be good. Bring your topwater baits.

With no end in sight to the 90's in the next 2 weeks one thing you shouldn't bring is waders.

cancelled.

The forecast for Saturday at 4:00pm is a heat index of 103 F! That is just too hot to be safe.

I understand that there are those that made plans to be there and are capable of handling the conditions,I suggest we leave this as a Let's Hook Up get together for them.

We will shift the Chicago region outing to the water willow planting event at glenwood park on July 30th

I regret any inconvenience,but I am not willing to put anyone's life at risk

Ed Buric

cancelled.

The forecast for Saturday at 4:00pm is a heat index of 103 F! That is just too hot to be safe.

I understand that there are those that made plans to be there and are capable of handling the conditions,I suggest we leave this as a Let's Hook Up get together for them.

We will shift the Chicago region outing to the water willow planting event at glenwood park on July 30th

I regret any inconvenience,but I am not willing to put anyone's life at risk

Ed Buric

http://www.accuweath...urly.asp?fday=1

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE

The river was in good shape except for the algae. I ended up on a section I never fished before. Never did the fish the spot on the spot as I made a few casts upstream and started getting fish on a chug bug so I kept going. Biggest about 15 and caught maybe 10/11 and missed/lost about half that. A chunk would have been nice but hey topwater is fun no matter what the size. I watched and listened to a storm build and got off the water about 8 ish. It was so hot I think my eyeballs were sweating. So glad someone invented sports drinks as water is just not enough on those kinds of days. Nice to see some familar faces and meet a couple new ones.