One for Terry

Mike G

Don't think I want to go through the hassle of trying to convince my wife that that the rubbers are for fishing.

Seems like there are all kinds of jokes that could come out of this.

I'm not touching it.

It was a good video. Kind makes you keep your mind open to any kind of material you happen to run across.

If you knew my wife you would understand why I have all the ear-plugs.:D

Don't think I want to go through the hassle of trying to convince my wife that that the rubbers are for fishing.

Seems like there are all kinds of jokes that could come out of this.

I'm not touching it.

It was a good video. Kind makes you keep your mind open to any kind of material you happen to run across.

If you knew my wife you would understand why I have all the ear-plugs.:D

Don't be such a worrier, Terry. Our bubbas down south figured this out long ago. Just tell your wife you found the condoms under the seat of the pickup. The previous owner must have forgot they were there when he sold the truck. No sense letting perfectly good materials go to waste.

Great Popper, Terry.

I like the use of sparkely stuff. It is an eye popping popper for sure. to bad you could not work a little latex into it ;)

I think I can make one like it with one of the 1 1/2" foam cylinders I use for poppers by cutting the cylinder in half. Would there be an advantage in using ear plugs instead?

The only reason I tried this was because I wanted to find true dead center.

We all know how hard it is to get your hook perfectly centered when using foam.

For the last few years I've been tying poppers using only one (1) ear plug. I would heat the hook shank for the count

of 3 (1, 2, 3) and then slide the ear plug onto the hook shank. The thing is I only have one (1) eye so my depth reception

is a little bit off and this makes it tricky for me to this kind of stuff. How do I make it easy to find true dead center?

Put two (2) ear plugs together side by side.

The advantage of the ear plugs to me is......

I have an endless supply at work.;)

I wanted to know if anyone uses the lattex caddis? I watched the video....it's really easy to tie but do you use something like this for smallmouth?

I would tie it but my use is limited to just bluegills and panfish.

Do you think a large size like a 6 would work for smallmouth? Just seems that a 16 would be limited to trout.

Jim,

The #16 is perfect for Smallmouths. As rich would tell you, you use it to catch a dozen or so 3-6" Creek Chubs. Use the chubs for SMB. they should get you Smallmouths from 6 inches on up.

Seriously, I do not think a #6 in this safe sex pattern will work on adult bass. It is too big to match the hatch and too small a meal for a respectable bass to bother with.

Rockbass, yes!