Sept 18-Central /North Vermillion

I will be there. Wading is DEFINITELY YOUR BEST OPTION!!!! I was there yesterday and the river is very low. But.............I caught 12 smallies on the fly rod and had at least 12 more strikes. Water is clear and the fish are relating to pools with current. cya at the Tonica truckstop at 8:00

What kind of flies are working there? I'm home alone tonight and might tie up a few.

While I tried about six different flies, all of my fish came on my Graham's Ghost fly. It is a four inch streamer that rides just under the surface and darts side to side. A write up on this fly will be featured in the next newsletter. Fred, just remind me in the morning and I will give you one. Tied up three new ones last night and will have two more after tonite.

Greg- You'll notice no glowing reports on Saturday's event. That's because four of us showed up, climbed down the "mountain cliff" to get to the river, fished without success for an hour or so, then waited out rain which never ended, struggled back up the hill, and went home, soaking wet. We would have been better off to have stayed up in the Park, where there was a wine festival going on, and imbibed whatever we could. At least they had shelter from the rain and food and beverages.

at least at the wine tasting you would hae had the whole " the girls all get prettier at closing time" thing going for you.

thankfully the rains held off until we were done with the cleanup Saturday. Of course the lightning started when we were fishing afterward.