Who's going to the Central Region outing on the 14th?

The Mackinaw is fishing so badly right now, I was thinking of just attending the cookout around noon time. The Mack has kicked my butt too many times the past three years. After reading the article about the DNR shocking of the river and finding what I have been telling everyone for three years................the smallie population is not what it used to be, I may just pass on the fishing, but attend the cookout at Harold's.

Well with news like that I won't feel bad about not being able to make it. The wife's family reunion is Saturday over in Indy (oh joy...). Was over there this weekend for her 30th class reunion. On the upside, got into FlyMasters Friday, and will probably hit Chad Miller's shop (Wildcat Creek Outfitters) this next Sunday.

Got to look for the positives with these types of things... ;)

Brian

Harold, Dave, and I fly fished it by canoe a couple weeks ago and came up with some gar (white minnow shaped lures worked), a small channel and a rock bass....and we tried lots of different flies and techniques. The kickapoo and the salt (by Lincoln) has had similar results. very tough fishing. Are there any other options?

Harold, Dave, and I fly fished it by canoe a couple weeks ago and came up with some gar (white minnow shaped lures worked), a small channel and a rock bass....and we tried lots of different flies and techniques. The kickapoo and the salt (by Lincoln) has had similar results. very tough fishing. Are there any other options?

Were you and Dave planning on being there Saturday? I suppose somewhere on the Vermilion is the only other viable option that has been hinted at. That doesn't put us ending up near Harold's place, does it?

Mike:

My term as regional coordinator has expired. I tried to get one of my central Illinois comrades to "step up", but no one would. Because of this, I will not be scheduling meetings and/or fishing trips for 2011. So whatever is scheduled for the rest of this summer/fall is it for me.

Harold, Dave, Dale, and I waded a couple hours - Dave got a small one on a fly, Dale, using spinning gear, had 2 on; I got a channel on a fly. It was a nice day out and the cook-out afterwards was super.