Float Your Boat

A first of its kind outing this coming Saturday July 31st at Silver lake in Blackwell forest preserve of Du Page County.This is an opportunity to show off your boat and try out the boat of someone else that peaks your interest.We will begin the event at 10:00 am

This is also a great opportunity for any member without a boat to try out different types of boats to find out what type best suits him.

Since our rivers will be blown out for a while this should be a great opportunity to get the boat out,have a lot of fun and maybe even get a little fishing in.

Be aware that Du Page forest preserve launch fees will apply.7.00 for residents - 9.00 for non residents

Ed Buric

Ps

I hear a rumor that Steve K might bring his famous 17 foot wenona with sponsons and trolling motor

Just a sample of the boats you might see

2klnnt.jpg

A first of its kind outing this coming Saturday July 31st at Silver lake in Blackwell forest preserve of Du Page County.This is an opportunity to show off your boat and try out the boat of someone else that peaks your interest.We will begin the event at 10:00 am

This is also a great opportunity for any member without a boat to try out different types of boats to find out what type best suits him.

Since our rivers will be blown out for a while this should be a great opportunity to get the boat out,have a lot of fun and maybe even get a little fishing in.

Be aware that Du Page forest preserve launch fees will apply.7.00 for residents - 9.00 for non residents

Ed Buric

Ps

I hear a rumor that Steve K might bring his famous 17 foot wenona with sponsons and trolling motor

Just a sample of the boats you might see

Just a canoe, Ed . . light weight for my aging muscles and several accessories to hand down to my three grandsons when my paddlin' days are over.

Forecast = rain showers + thunderstorms :(

Conditions = standing water + slick patches on roads :angry:

Decision = stay at home and sit on "Stoolie" while admiring my "famous" canoe :unsure:

Hope the weather turned favorable for today's event! :)

Looking forward to the September ISA Fox River Float (weather permitting)! ;)

I had a great time at Float Your Boat. It was a wonderful day to be outside. The rain that threatened never appeared, and it was just warm enough to make me want to get wet. Special thanks go to Ed for organizing the event, to John, who lent me his kayak, and to Eugene, who lent me his boat hook and some higher perspective (from his "blue bathtub," that is) as he helped me search for the rod and reel I lost trying to put it in the kayak's rod holder. At the end of the day, Ed said that he wished more guys without boats had shown up, and I want to echo that sentiment. I went because I don't have a boat, and I figure, why spend the money on any kind of craft if you're not sure it's the one for you? I encourage the Chapter to run this event again, and I invite you guys to come out and take a turn in a kayak or canoe or whatever. Thanks again, everyone, and I'll see you next time.

John W.

Thanks John I'm glad that you enjoyed the outing I, know that I sure did.And yes, I do wish that more members would have taken advantage of the information to be gained at this event.I also would have liked to have seen more members bring out their favorite boat and show off their modifications.

w12rll.jpg

28r1gqo.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I had a great time at Float Your Boat. It was a wonderful day to be outside. The rain that threatened never appeared, and it was just warm enough to make me want to get wet. Special thanks go to Ed for organizing the event, to John, who lent me his kayak, and to Eugene, who lent me his boat hook and some higher perspective (from his "blue bathtub," that is) as he helped me search for the rod and reel I lost trying to put it in the kayak's rod holder. At the end of the day, Ed said that he wished more guys without boats had shown up, and I want to echo that sentiment. I went because I don't have a boat, and I figure, why spend the money on any kind of craft if you're not sure it's the one for you? I encourage the Chapter to run this event again, and I invite you guys to come out and take a turn in a kayak or canoe or whatever. Thanks again, everyone, and I'll see you next time.

John W.

We have two Float Your Boat outings this year to accommodate anyone and everyone who would either like to show your boat or check out what you might find interesting.