Just when things were starting to look good

We sure got a ton of rain in Northern IL over the past 24 hours. Its too bad becuase all of the smaller rivers in the area were starting to run at normal levels and clear. I just looked at the USGS for the Apple and it rose 22 feet in less than a day. I can't image what that looks like. The Kish is rising like I wish my 401K would. Anybody know any good farm ponds to fish for the next week or 2?

I may get shot for saying this, but the Mackinaw is as low now as it has been in the past 120 days. That could change, but I don't hear forecasts for huge rainfall amounts.

Guest rich mc

the head waters of the kish south branch was spared.seems like the main rain came down north of dekalb. glad you guys got the apple river trip done last week. rich

Is there any chance the Apple will come down enough to fish by Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday of the upcoming week. I never fished it before and I a little bummed out that it got as pounded as it did... but that is the way mother nature rolls. Just looking for an educated guest , if its not going to be fish able I'll leave the waders and boots at home. Thanks Kevin

Guest Don R

It's now at 12,300 CFPS. It is one of those rivers that goes up quickly and comes down quickly. If it was sitting at 1200 to 1500 right now I'd say you have a good shot at it by mid week. At 12,300 and still slightly rising it may take a couple weeks to come down to safe wadeable levels.

Im hoping all the river levels come down soon as of next wednesday im for for a week maybe more. Summer stock slowdown's!Ugghh

Im thinking of riding up to the wisconsin river next thursday pending my wife's doctor consultation, she may need shoulder surgery and that will determine my play time.

The Mackinaw continues to drop and is at it's lowest in 120 days, still. And Mike L, rain down south won't help the Kank, it needs to be rain up north and east, doesn't it? Kind of depends upon your perspective, I guess. Sure hope it clears up soon, up north. Now if it would cool just a bit, fishing might be more appealing.