Been To Outdoors Shows Yet?

Mike Clifford

Those that have been to the shows so far........

What do you think of them?

Attendance, deals to be found, new innovations for 2009....

I'll snap some photos if I find anything unusual or interesting this year.

:P

If you are thinking of coming out, consider dropping by the ISA booth to renew if you are near or past your membership deadline.

Bring a friend to sign-up as well!

The Tinley show is the only one I go to. I can take a vacation day to attend in the morning and fish in the afternoon. For the rest of them, I'll go fishing instead of walking around thinking about fishing.

Was at the Rosemont Show on Thursday and have to say I was a little disappointed this year...but probably to be expected with the "economy". Both the halls seemed to be only about 2/3rds of what they usually are. I did pick up a nice Plano tackle box that holds 5 3700 boxes for about $40 and of course bought my ISA membership from two very nice gentlemen at the booth.

Was at the Rosemont Show on Thursday and have to say I was a little disappointed this year...but probably to be expected with the "economy". Both the halls seemed to be only about 2/3rds of what they usually are. I did pick up a nice Plano tackle box that holds 5 3700 boxes for about $40 and of course bought my ISA membership from two very nice gentlemen at the booth.

Welcome aboard, Tim. Nice to see you found the website. This is THE spot to keep up with what's going on.

Two very nice gentlemen? Hmm... we must have some new volunteers or something.

The Rosemont show shrunk again this year. There were almost as many guys selling SHAMWOW! as there was fishing gear. None of the major manufacturers are there letting you try rods or reels and offering incentives to buy at the show.

But Bobber Ann was there, so not all bad.

Gregg

Well . . . to say the Rosemont Show left a lot to be desired would be a compliment. Compared with the show of 5-15 years go, it was pathetic! With the absence of many vendors, they actually combined the boat vendors + resort vendors into one hall whereas in the past, they each had their own hall. May be evolving into the same demise position as the Arlington Show.

I worked on Wednesday and Friday and am pleased to report that our new membership registrants are higher than at the same time last year. Go ISA!!!

For many folks who approached our display and received the "ISA Marketing Pitch", but remained on the fence, I heavily promoted attendance at the forthcoming Bronzeback Blowout and assured them that after attending this event, they will undoubtedly seize the moment in becoming ISA members.

The Rosemont show shrunk again this year. There were almost as many guys selling SHAMWOW! as there was fishing gear. None of the major manufacturers are there letting you try rods or reels and offering incentives to buy at the show

gregg s is is right on the nose

did see kids but they were buying air soft guns not fishing poles and tackel other then that meeting and getting new members a plus for the show for me oh and the fly tiers next to us were some nice guys also