Custom fly rods

WILLIAM C.

Funny you mention this. My brother just attended a rod building class in Central FL yesterday at Mudhole.. He signed up for a future class. It sounds like you can pretty much make a rod in one day, though I'm sure its all relative. He really enjoyed the seminar.

You might be assemble a rod in a day, but the guides and handles are glued on with expoxy which takes several days to dry and cure completely.

Also, depending on your choice of components, the builder may have to special order the blank, handle or other parts which will also add to the time needed to complete the job. If he is a high volume rod builder, and you aren't too fussy about the components he may have the parts on hand.

IMHO, al you need is the kit and instructions. That is provided you know how to mix 2 part epoxy and understand a whip finish.

With that much under my belt, I have built a few rods for myself and helped a few friends through the process.

It is not rocket science. Contact me if you need more.

William,

I can highly recommend a friend of mine. Clyde Alho operates a rod building shop specializing in flyrods. He's in North Aurora tx 630-897-2897,wwwtherodshop.biz.He's a perfectionist and did a beautiful job rebuilding one of my rods whose guides were worn out.