Circus Peanut variation

30 minutes ago, John Gillio said:

Fine looking fly. Looks very similar to the Rusty trombone I just tied a couple weeks back. I used the same colors for the most part. I used a glass bead and mono to articulate the fly. Wondering how you did yours?

exactly: couple of glass beads and 12pb Ultragreen. and yes very similar to a rusty trombone. difference is lead eyes and fiber brush 

1 hour ago, Urbs said:

exactly: couple of glass beads and 12pb Ultragreen. and yes very similar to a rusty trombone. difference is lead eyes and fiber brush 

I used 12# also. I’ve had good luck in the past with a small articulated seducer with the back hook cut off at the bend, unweighted, in shallow quiet pools or drifted slowly along shallow downed logs. The trombone is the first weighted articulated fly I’ve tied. It looks to be the same size as yours. I’m Interested in seeing how well it works.

9 minutes ago, John Gillio said:

I used 12# also. I’ve had good luck in the past with a small articulated seducer with the back hook cut off at the bend, unweighted, in shallow quiet pools or drifted slowly along shallow downed logs. The trombone is the first weighted articulated fly I’ve tied. It looks to be the same size as yours. I’m Interested in seeing how well it works.

the lead eyes here will get it down but with all the material certainly takes a bit to get down. bet your trombone works great!