Simple craw pattern

Very nice craw ! 

I don't know why but I stink at fishing craws, I'm probably just not patient enough to work something slowly and I hate not seeing the take as so often I set the hook well before I feel anything but rather the moment my baitfish "disappears".

8 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Very nice craw ! 

I don't know why but I stink at fishing craws, I'm probably just not patient enough to work something slowly and I hate not seeing the take as so often I set the hook well before I feel anything but rather the moment my baitfish "disappears".

thank you!  honestly baitfish are much more fun to fish but I figure I’d better have a few of these if it’s “one of those days.” but again: seeing them ambush a baitfish never gets old

12 hours ago, rich mc said:

nice strong hook,  what size ?     could also be cast with spinning gear once it gets wet too.

I believe this is a size 2. and yes: I bet if I added some lead wire to the shank you could cast this a country mile. and frankly, probably more effective on a spinning rod especially in the winter