Undesirable Fishermen, Argh !

Rob G

So I'm fishing one of my favorite streams and these guys have horned in on me.  This is a first.  I've never seen this many undesirable fishermen before, only very very rarely in the past and no more than one here or there.  I've seen them hunt in a pack way up in the UP Northwoods and they can be hell on baitfish. I'm not a fan of them moving in on my honey hole and btw, don't they know they're not supposed to be this far south ? 

ddd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Common merganzer. Looks like all adult females.  All of Illinois is within their range. I see them all the time when I am trying to photograph eagles.  I have never seen them in summer. in Illinois. 

Common Merganser Overview, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

PowerPoint Presentation (illinois.gov)

I think they are pretty cool. 

29 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Common merganzer. Looks like all adult females.  All of Illinois is within their range. I see them all the time when I am trying to photograph eagles.  I have never seen them in summer. in Illinois. 

Common Merganser Overview, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

PowerPoint Presentation (illinois.gov)

I think they are pretty cool. 

After breeding season, male mergansers change from the white body and dark head, to looking the same as the females. 

• 2 months later...